CHAPTER 23- Invitation

Depuis le début

"Hey Dunk, what's up?" I said

"Applehead! I miss you!" she screamed.

"I miss you too, Janet. Where are you?" I asked her.

"You guess,"

"Ugh, Janet stop it and just tell me already,"

"I'm home!" my eyes widen in shock.

"Really? That's great, I can't wait to see you." I enthusiastically said.

"Wait where are you, though? I thought you're on your break?" She asked.

"I am, I was just caught up in a little problem last night," I vaguely explained. I'll tell her everything when we get home.

"Problem? What kind of problem? Are you okay?" she worried.

"I'm perfectly fine, I'll explain everything when I get home."

"Well you better hurry, mother and I missed you," she spoke.

"Mother is home? But I thought she's staying a month in Alabama?"

"That's the original plan, but she decided to come back home when she heard that you're going on a break."  Goodness, I miss mother so much. She's been the reason why I work so hard and why I want nothing but the best because she's my everything and I want to give her the world.

"Okay, I'll be there as soon as I can. Is mother cooking?" I asked.

"She's in the kitchen since she woke up this morning," she giggled.

"And are we the only ones who are going to be in the house?"

"I think Randy will stop by later but he'll not stay for dinner. So yes, we're the only ones. Mom, me, and you. Why?" she explained.

"Can you tell mother to prepare food for two more people?" I heard her hum.

"Two people? Who?" she curiously asked.

"You'll know. See you later," I replied.

"Hurry back!" she said and ended the call.

I returned the phone to Steven and he excused himself. Mia appeared in the living room when I turned around.

"My friend accepted your kind invitation," she smiled.

"That's wonderful," I replied. We stayed quiet for a second, not really knowing what to say.

"So, what time would you want us to be there?" she said and broke the ice.

"Just get ready before four. I want to give you a tour around the house first then I'll give you some insights on what I want for the designs as well," I tried my best to be convincing.

"Okay then. We'll be there,"

"Don't bring your car, I'll have Steven pick you both up,"

"We don't want to be any more of an inconvenience Michael. We'll just drive there,"

"You know you'll never win this argument Mia, so don't even try," I replied and she playfully rolled her eyes.

"Okay, fine. Whatever you say, Mr. Jackson," she teased and I looked at her with a slight annoyance of her calling me by my last name again.

"Well, I guess I better get going," I said to her as we locked our gazes and stared closely even though we're a few feet apart.

"Oh! Can you stay just for a second? I'll just grab something really quick," she said as she scurried to her bedroom and gave me no time to answer.