The Nightmare Family's Nightmare

Max and I made it clear that we were coming after the world titles in AEW and shortly after, we got those opportunities.

Before we both knew it, I was facing Shida for the women's world championship and Max was facing Moxley for the world heavyweight championship, and boy, did we have our fun.

The next major stop was All Out and the entire day, Max and I were beyond busy. We wanted to be more than prepared and there was nothing that could bring me down that night whatsoever. 

My match was third before last and with time disappearing, I was shaking with anticipation, stretching, and doing some exercises outside of my locker room.

"Hey, Y/N," I heard a cheerful voice coo.

I didn't even have to turn my head to see who was talking to me. It was Brandi and as I heard her footsteps getting closer, I finally gave her my attention, my head turning to also see my father behind her.

"Hey," I sighed, looking to her than my father.

Things between us were even more awkward since Max and I told the world that we were dating. No one in my family approved and I didn't care if they did or not. So, things were just so weird because that tension was always there.

"There's someone who wants to tell you something," Brandi smiled, holding out her phone.

Despite all of the issues in my family, I couldn't help but smile whenever I saw my Uncle Cody on facetime, smiling once he saw me:

"Hey kiddo, I wish I could be there with you right now, but I just wanted to tell you that you got this. Go win that championship!! I believe in you."

"Thanks, Uncle Cody," I smirked, his words giving me some more motivation.

"We all believe in you," My dad smiled, coming up and hugging me.

Again, everything felt awkward, but as my dad hugged me, I could tell that he truly meant it. So, I hugged him back naturally, whispering, "Thanks, dad."

"You're welcome, sweetie," My dad whispered back, standing up straight.

Once my dad stood up straight, he smiled at me brightly and I smiled back, but then his expression changed. 

"Oh," Max gasped from behind me, his arm wrapping around my hip, "I'm not interrupting, am I?"

My dad was about ready to slap Max across the face, growing frustrated. I just barely hid my giggles, looking up to Max, sighing, "You're not interrupting, baby.'

"Okay good," Max smiled, "Dustin, Brandi. I'd hate to cut your time with Y/N short, but it's time for me to escort her to the ring."

The look in both my dad and Brandi's eye showed all of their frustration, but they fought through it, Brandi quickly hugging me as she said, "Go get that championship, Y/N."

My dad also joined the hug, sighing, "You got this."

"Of course she does!" Max scoffed, beginning to laugh a little while I backed away, taking his hand, then he added, "She's better than everyone."

"Damn right," I cooed to Max, kissing him softly as we began to walk away.

Max and I continued our way to the gorilla and once we were away from my dad and Brandi, we both busted out in laughter. Seeing how annoyed they got with Max was pretty entertaining, Max loving how annoyed he was as he wheezed:

"Did you see their faces?"

"I did," I giggled, "It was priceless!"

We both just laughed as we got closer to the gorilla, Max finally catching his breath. For a moment, it was just Max and I at the gorilla and all of the anticipation hit me again, making me shake, but like the amazing boyfriend Max was, he was there for me, taking my hand.