Chapter 4

Mileena avidly checked her phone, awaiting further direction from the GPS. Even though that man had given her instructions earlier, Mileena wanted to ensure he was correct. She couldn't trust humans too much as their deceit and treachery was too common to ignore. Her phone case was a dark maroon with enchanted eyes on it that blinked occasionally. It claimed she was only 3 minutes away, but her impatience reigned eternal. She wanted to get this job over with, so she decided to teleport to the hotel instead. Why walk when such great power resides in you?
      She quickly hid behind an apartment building in the shadows. The bright purple luminance appeared yet again and she arrived at Edenia Hotel within seconds.
        The structure seemed to stretch to the heavens and shone brightly with its red and gold exterior. It displayed a mighty sign that read "Edenia Hotel" in bold, white letters.
    "This is it. I have finally arrived! Now, I must look for this (Y/N). Shang Tsung gave me details on their appearance. I hope I will be quick to find them," she mumbled to herself.
     She reached in her bag for her wallet and strode into the building. Immediately, she was astonished by its dazzling interior. Chandeliers danced around the ceiling and lights coming from seemingly everywhere accentuated the luxury of the room. It could probably hold a hundred or so people, lending itself to a hallway with elevators and ways outside. As it stood, there were only a few dozen coming and going with luggage and unnecessary jewels being checked in by a woman to the left of the main doors.
      Mileena veered straight to her, paying no mind to the toes she may have stepped on to get there efficiently. "What room is (Y/N) staying in? I am a friend of theirs and we planned to meet at this hotel!" She put on a false, cheerful tone to seem convincing.
       However, the woman was not easily fooled. Suspicious, she answered, "Ma'am, I apologize, but I cannot disclose that information to you as I must be given consent by the guest. However, if you would like to purchase a room, I will gladly assist you."
      Mileena furrowed her brows, clearly upset at how her deceit had been denied. She hesitated, trying to piece together a new plan of action. Eventually, she decided she would get a room and search the hotel to find the victim.
    Mileena sighed, "Yes, I would love to get a room," she took her wallet out of her pocket, "How much will it be?" The answer was too much, but Mileena paid and took her room key anyway, "Thank you for your help...madam," she jeered.
      She made her way towards the elevator, hoping to meet (Y/N) soon so this quest would end quickly. As she reached the room, she hung her tunic on a chair, content with ignoring the blood on it for now, unpacked her belongings and neatly set them in dressers. She placed her sais on the desk across the bed and took off her violet boots.
     There was a rumble in her stomach so she got up and reached for the heart, loosely grasping it and taking a bite. Blood seeped into her mouth and she licked her teeth, feeling the taste and texture on her spiked tongue. Humans often fulfilled her hunger, but this one tasted awful. Perhaps because he too had awful intentions. So, she spit out his heart and threw it in the trash bin. She would try to properly dispose of it later...probably.
       Checking the clock on her phone, she grew nervous due to the excessive amount of time wasted. Putting on her boots, a different mask, and a fresh tunic, she grabbed her keys and headed out the door. She had a plan and it was going to work. It simply had to.