Chapter 1

Janus had just gotten back to the Dark Side of the mind palace. He sat on the couch and took his hat off running a hand through his hair. He was glad that he had gotten Thomas to finally listen to him, but he wasn't too happy about how Roman reacted to him revealing his name.

Remus had just come back from his side of the imagination "Jannie? What's wrong?" Remus asked snapping his fingers to clean his outfit.

Janus put his hat back on pushing in most of the hair "Hey, Ray. Nothing, I'm fine. I finally managed to get Thomas to listen to me. I revealed my name to them, and your brother laughed and made fun of it. I.....I lashed out at him and unintentionally called you evil."

Remus frowned deeply "I know you didn't mean it, Jannie. My brother can be cruel when he chooses, but maybe he didn't really mean it." Remus said trying to help his fellow dark side to feel better.

"Maybe. We should start to get ready and go defend the light sides. Even if we no longer have Virgil, it's still our job." Janus said getting up and heading outside signaling that he no longer wanted to discuss this matter. Remus sighed inwardly and followed Janus outside.

Once outside the two dark sides transformed into their dragon forms. They took to the night sky that was lit up with a bright, full moon. They were careful to stay out of view of the light sides as they waited for the monsters and dragons to attack.

Janus was a golden yellow dragon, whose scales seemed to shimmer and change at random. His wings seemed to vanish and appear at will as he flew through the sky. Janus also had yellow eyes that would get brighter the more he felt and the more he used his abilities. The light sides never could see him coming, but they always saw the damage they presumed to be caused from him. Roman was always after him first hoping if he got the golden dragon, the others would retreat and leave them alone.

Remus was a dark green dragon, whose scales were sharper than knives. They would stick out and any of his enemies who tried to hurt him, would get all cut up instead. His dragon and wings were larger than Janus's, and his wings looked like giant bat wings. Remus's eyes shined green when he used his abilities or when his emotions were strong. The light sides had a hard time predicting what he would do. He was so sporadic and didn't ever seem to have a set plan.

It wasn't too long before the monsters and other dragons started to come and try to take over the light sides. They wanted to hurt Thomas, and the best way to do that was to injure a light side. Janus went to the right of the palace, which is where Roman was heading to start taking out monsters as they tried to enter the mind palace. Remus went to the left, which is where Virgil and Logan had started putting up defenses to help keep the creatures outside as well.

Janus was fighting a dragon twice his size. The dragon managed to pin Janus to a tree and claw at his left front forearm. Janus hissed in pain and kicked the dragon off him using his back legs and tail. He had managed to take out one of its wings, and it fell to the ground and retreated. Janus was flying after another enemy and didn't notice the prince aiming a net gun at him, until it was too late.

The net was fired, and Remus tried to warn Janus. However, Janus didn't hear his friend's warning in time. The net wrapped all around Janus. He quickly descended from the sky and hit every tree, boulder, and branch on his way down. He finally hit the ground and slid for several miles down hill until he was in the middle of the enchanted forest in Roman's imagination.

Once all the monsters and dragons had retreated, Remus took off in search of Janus where he had seen him fall. Remus called out in his dragon screech, but Janus never did answer any of the calls. Remus continued his search for his friend all night long. Once the sun started to rise, he landed in front of the dark mind palace and transformed back. He went inside and searched for maps of Roman's side of the imagination. Remus being exhausted however, couldn't make since of any of the maps. So, he laid his head down on the desk and quickly fell into a restless sleep worried about his only remaining friend.

Janus had tried forming back to his human self, but he was unable to. So, he decided to fight against the net trying to break free. He knew that if the prince saw him fall, it wouldn't be long before said prince came out in the imagination looking to finish what he started. This thought caused Janus to fight harder and fiercer against his binds, but it was no use. Whatever the prince had used to make the net out of, was clearly meant to trap creatures like Janus. After fighting against the net for several hours, Janus gave up fighting from exhaustion. He tried his best to remain awake, however he fell asleep just as the sun had started to rise.