Chapter 12

I walk around the hospital unbusy when I see Alex and Jo hugging, when they pull away from the hug she kisses him. I felt the pain run from my head to my toes. He didnt pull away. Why? Meredith sees me and she pulls me into an on call room. "Y/n." She says in a sympathetic way. "Its fine, Im fine. We arent dating. He never asked me to be his girlfriend." She hugs me. "Im sorry."

Meredith's point of view:

I walk out of the on call room, I search for Alex all over the hospital. When I find him I punch his arm. "Owww Mer!" "You stupid idiot." I start hitting his arm again with every word I say. "Why. Would. You. Do. That." "Ouch, do what" "You kissed Jo, and y/n was watching." He went silent. "Alex... I dont know what to say." "Im sorry okay. I was caught in the moment." "You need to tell y/n that." "I dont know. What if she hates me?" "Then she does, you screwed up." He walks away.

Alex's point of views:

I run around the hospital looking for y/n. I see her sitting on one of the beds in the e.r, stitching a banana. Like intern year when we would practice our technique. She looks hurt. I could see that she was trying her best to hold it in. I slowly approach, not sure of what to say. "Can we talk in private Please." She glances up at me. She nods but hesitates as she gets up. We walk outside the e.r. The cold air hitting my face. "Im sorry y/n. I was caught in the moment and I wasnt thinking." She doesnt respond, she doesnt even look at me. Instead she stares at her feet. After a few seconds she says, "Alex, do you actually care about me. Cause if you do then why would you even have a moment with Jo." "Y/n" "No I get it, I mean its Jo. You guys have a history but I dont want to be with you if you still love her." "I dont love her." "Then are we friends or are we dating?" "I don't know y/n okay!" "Alex, I need an answer." "Well I dont have one!" I start to raise my voice. Tears started to form in her eyes. "Y/n. Im sorry." I say calming my voice down. "Goodbye Alex." As those words skim her lips my heart breaks. She walks past me. A cry escapes my mouth and I kick the wall "Damnit." I go inside to find Meredith. She was talking to Maggie but I grabbed her arm and pulled her into an on call room locking the door behind me. "Alex what are you doing." I looked at her, my eyes filled with tears. "Oh, Alex." She absorbs me into a hug. "Why do I screw up anything good that happens to me?" I say through the tears.