Chapter 11

3 weeks later

My hand felt better as I expected but Webber and Alex still thought I should take it easy. Instead I booked a 39 hour surgery. Everyone wanted in. It was very complicated so I banned interns from my o.r. Meredith, Alex, Owen, Webber, Bailey, Nathen, April, and Maggie were the only surgeons I wanted. The surgery was a conjoined twin separation connected at the head and abdomen. I walked into the surgery confident, but halfway through the surgery it got complicated. "I have some bleeding in the abdomen." Hunt said. "Maybe a bit more than some." Webber said. "Well please get it under control." I say sternly. They got it under control but the twins had already lost a lot of blood so we had to push a lot of blood through them. After the surgery my legs hurt so bad I fell onto a gurney, Alex laid next to me. He stuck his hand up in the air and I high fived him. "That was amazing." "Uh yeah it was." We both fell asleep, in the middle of the hospital. One of the interns woke us up, "You better have a good reason to have woken us up." Alex says. "I know one of your rules was not to wake you if the patient wasnt dying but I need help putting in an iv." She says. Me and Alex burst out laughing but the intern had a straight face. I stop laughing, "Oh my god you're serious." She slowly nods. "Did you even go to medical school?" I get up and follow her into the patient's room. I stick the needle in his arm and walk out. "Go practice on yourself with water in the bag." "You want me to put an iv in myself?" "Yes now scram." She walks away very quickly and I roll my eyes whispering to myself, "How did she even pass medical school?"

AUTHORS NOTE PLEASE READ:

I am starting to get really busy with school so sorry if I don't post often, I will still try to post three times a week but no promises.