ELEVEN

THE SIBLINGS
present day
thirty seven years old

THE SIBLINGSpresent daythirty seven years old

"Hide." Fallon hissed quickly as she tried to push Chris out of the way of the front door. She saw Naya's car pull up outside her house and she desperately hoped that her siblings were joking about coming over. "They're only here to see you."

Chris tutted and grabbed the girl, throwing her over his shoulder and going to open the front door for her siblings.

"I'm staring at America's ass right now." Muttered Fallon as her siblings walked in. "You know, it could be worse."

"How?" Jax questioned curiously as he watched his sister dangle over Chris' shoulder.

"I could have to look at you." She seethed as Chris placed her back down on the floor. She sent him a sharp glare before turning to face her siblings. "Oh look, it got worse." She announced jokingly.

Her face fell from her contagious smile to an angered expression. Jax had a playful tormenting grin on his face and Naya just seemed happy to be there.

Fallon tilted her head up to look at Chris, who seemed happy to be in the presence of the siblings.

"Eh, we're not here for you." Naya said as she quickly hugged Chris. "How've you been? You have to tell me everything. Come on." Naya grabbed Chris' arm and pulled him into the living room.

"I tried to warn you." Fallon shrugged as she watched Chris give her a pleading look.

Jax threw his arm over his sister's shoulder and looked down at her with a smile. She rolled her eyes and went to take a seat on the arm chair across from the other three.

Chris was telling Naya and Jax what it was like to be on the set of an Avengers movie. The two were listening carefully with wide eyes and parted lips. They looked like kids in a candy store.

Fallon rolled her eyes and slouched down in her chair. She knew it was wrong to be upset and jealous. Chris was there friend too, but she didn't know how long he was staying for and she wanted to spend as much time with his as possible.

Chris allowed his eyes to flicker over to the girl. He smiled at her and she attempted to smile back, but he knew something was wrong. He watched as she jumped up to collect the post the second that it came.

Fallon rushed into the kitchen to open the letter privately. Her eyes flickered over the letter and she let out a heavy sigh.

"Everything okay?" Chris questioned as he leant against the doorframe. Fallon jumped and quickly put the letter in the top draw.

"Fine." She plastered a fake smile on her face as she looked up to him.

"Come on, what's wrong?" He questioned, watching as she jumped onto the counter top. She lowered her head almost guilty.

Chris slowly walked over to the girl, standing between her legs and using his thumb and index finger to make her look at him.

"What's wrong?" He repeated, his hands dropping to rest on the counter top.

Fallon's eyes flickered to Chris' greeny-blue ones. He had a soft and seemingly supportive smile on his face. She had missed him dearly over the past few years.

"Do you ever miss high school?" Fallon questioned the man curiously.

Chris let out a small chuckle. Sure, he loved seeing Fallon every day in high school. He missed walking through the halls with the girl and laughing about stupid things. He missed their study dates and their crappy excuses for being late to their lessons. He missed the way she would always run and jump on his back whenever they had a lesson without each other.

"Sure." He nodded. "It was fun. Do you?"

Fallon shrugged and thought back to high school. The only thing she missed from high school was seeing Chris every day. Other than that, she didn't miss it at all. She didn't miss the rumours that went around about her. She didn't miss the ways that the girls glared at her or the ways that the boys slut shamed her.

"No, not really." She looked down at her hands that rested in her lap. Chris noticing the piece of hair that fell in front of the girls face and quickly pushed it behind her ear.

"You really hated that place, huh?" He allowed his hand to trail down her bicep to her forearm and eventually grabbed her hands.

"Every time I got a new boyfriend, rumours would go around that I was after their dads." Fallon shook her head. "Remember Kimberly Pierce?"

Chris rolled his eyes at the name. Of course he remembered the girl that ruined his best friends high school experience. She came up to him asking for a photo and attempted to flirt with him, despite her husband standing behind her.

"I do." Chris muttered.

"So you'll remember the rumour that she started about how I slept with her dad? That I seduced him for his money?" Fallon laughed at how ridiculous it all sounded. Chris just hummed in response, waiting for the girl to continue. "Do you think I slept with him?"

"No." Chris looked directly at the girl. "No, I don't."

"Why?" Fallon questioned curiously. "Everyone else did."

"Because, Fallon, I know you." Chris lightly tapped the girls noses, making her bite back a smile.

"You're the only one who never did believe those rumours, Christopher." Fallon reminded him.

Chris liked to think that he knew his best friend better than she knew herself. It was out of character for her to sleep with someone's dad, or anyone who wasn't her boyfriend for that matter.

Any time that Fallon had any sort of relationship with anyone, Chris was the first to know. They always told each other everything.

"That's because I trust my best friend. I trust that I know you." He responded, placing a longing kiss on her forehead.

"Christopher, my friends are on the phone. They want to talk to you." Naya shouted excitedly from the living room.

Fallon nodded reassuringly, silently telling him to go. Although, she wanted nothing more than for him to stay.