Scene Six.

Summer would find itself to be the most important factor in my life, next to love. You see, summer was when we could lay up in the field and count all the endless stars in the silent night sky.

I would always start off the day with thoughts of unexplained phenomenas, or ridiculous theories of abnormalities in our every day to day routines. I was a star child, and him, well darling, I wanted to teach him what living really was.

I've been referred to my whole life as a dreamer, and him, you may call him a realist if you wish. I would get lost in the night sky so quickly, while he never understood what the fuss was about; until that beautiful July night.

Cocktails, several cocktails at the bar, pint after pint, shot after shot, we were drunk; but mainly off of each other. We stumbled out of that bar as if we owned the whole city, small town or not, we had that city wrapped around our finger to call our own.

We ran wild and free down the streets, like a pack of wolves hunting down our last meal. Adrenaline pumping through our intoxicated veins, singing along to our favourite tunes.

He stumbled upon this trail into what looked like forrest, however we were too drunk to worry about any fears our subconscious had. I took his hand as he led me through endless trees, I wondered if we were still in our kingdom, or could it be that he was taking me to wonderland?

I finally saw an opening, and shortly after there was the most beautiful field I've seen. Lavender fields, the moonlit sky, and drunk off of him. He picked me up and gently sat me down in the middle of the field beside him, as we closed our eyes, the aroma of lavender filled our noses and hearts; I knew that this night was one for the books.

He asked me why I was so obsessed with the stars, I simply told him that every star in the night sky was a soul, and that each night I would try to learn the lives of each star for a brief moment; it was like learning about my ancestors.

I shared that night sky with him, and in return he shared the most beautiful gift with me; awareness.

His eyes were wide open for the first time, glistening, sparkling like a child seeing his first fireworks. I held his hand and I could feel every atom, every cell come to life in his body.

Lavender, my favourite scent, calmness surrounding my frantic life.  His body lay still, head on his shoulder, hand in hand. In that moment we were one, united by the stars, by the lavender filled air that we had shared, by love for something so much greater than us.

Awareness, he was not familiar with all these miracles that surrounded our beings.  The clear sky, the moonlight lavender field that had brought us in harmony with every living organism around.

He told me that he would never forget that night, for he had now tasted and felt what living was, and his eyes never looked the same after that night.