Chapter 29 - Musical War

Comenzar desde el principio

"And till what time did you stay up last night doing that work, until Cards forced you to sleep?" Quills questions, shooting her a look.

Stage rolls her eyes.

"Twelve to one am." Cards answers.

Dreamer shoots Stage a look.

"You sound like Davey and Specs." Notes mumbles, following Dreamer (who was still dragging Stage along) upstairs.

"Offended!" Davey and Specs shout from other parts of the house.

Notes shrugs.

Later

Stage flops on her bed in the room she shares with Cards.

Cards, Quills, and Notes look at her. They were sat on Cards' bed, playing War.

Dreamer was jamming out to 'I'd Rather Be Me', though she paused it when Stage walked into the room.

"How'd it go?" Cards asks, cautiously.

Stage sniffles. "It went- uh- well." She mutters.

Cards, Dreamer, Quills, and Notes get up.

"Dear God, why are you crying, Stage?" Cards questions, pulling Stage into a hug.

"Relief." Stage whispers.

Cards chuckles.

"It's also a bit hard to talk about." She adds. (A/N, my exact response after the meeting lol.)

Cards nods.

"What were you playing?" Stage asks, sitting up.

"War." Notes and Quills answer in unison.

"Musicals." Dreamer makes a rainbow motion with her hands.

"What if we combine them?" Stage asks with a grin.

The others look at her like she's crazy.

"What?" Stage questions. "The boys made a game called 'Christmas BS'." She reminds them.

The four other humans in the room laugh.

"We all pick a musical character and try to act like them for the game." Stage exclaims, grabbing the cards.

Notes, Quills, Cards, and Dreamer share a look, before they each shrug.

"Okay." Quills responds. "We're in."

Stage grins.

Some game quotes

"You want to do- slash- have it all, because that's how you win the game." Stage sings, before laughing.

"Are you Damian from Mean Girls?" Cards questions, staring at her cards. (Haha.)

"No." Stage grins. "Je m'appel Sasha Fierce."