Chapter 23 - She's Gone...

Stage: Me - Cards: ac110807
- Chapter 13 - Cards Finds Out -
Warnings: Kidnapping, anger, threats
Third Person POV

"I left her with you!" Cards shouts, tears streaming down her face. "I trusted you to look after her while I was in Brooklyn, for what?! Five hours?! And I come back, and guess what?!" Cards' glare was stronger than Spot's by now. "She's gone!"

"Cards-" Jack starts, sharing a slightly panicked look with Race and Davey.

"Shut up, Jack!" She cuts him off. "I swear to God, if something happened/happens to her, I will soak all of you until you can't walk!" She threatens.

The Newsies knew she wasn't lying.

They were worried about Stage as well, and had tried to find her before Cards came back, but didn't succeed, as you can clearly tell.

"Cards, it's going to be okay-" Davey starts, trying to talk sense into her and calm her down.

"Oh," Cards laughs bitterly. "So someone's sister gets kidnapped and 'it's going to be okay', but when Les isn't with you for a second too long, you panic?" Cards shoots him a look. "If you trusted me with him, I wouldn't let him get kidnapped." She snarls.

Davey looks at the ground, biting his lip. She was right, but it still hurt a bit.

"Cards, I need you to calm down." Jack states. "There's no use in getting mad and you're just hurting everyone."

"Well I am mad! That's not going to change, Jack!" Cards shouts, her hands tugging at her hair. "I'm honestly surprised that none of you seem to care, especially when she's your sister, Jack."

Cards turns to walk away.

Spot grabs her. "And where are you going?" He questions.

Ace, Hotshot, and Red stand behind him so that if she did get out of his grip, they could grab her.

"To find Stage." Cards answers, glaring at him. "Let me go." She tries to get out of his grips.

Spot tightens his grip on Card's wrists, but tries not to hurt her.

Cards was too blind with anger to care if he was hurting her or not.

"If you go off on your own right now, you're going to get yourself hurt and possibly kidnapped." Spot responds calmly. "We need to think before we act so we can get Stage back safely."

"I don't need your help." Cards sneers. "With your help or at times you not believing us, my best friend has gotten taken to the Refuge, kidnapped, and soaked multiple times, never mind gotten jumped."

Spot takes a deep breath to control himself. "Look, I'm sorry for not joining the strike, I'm sorry that she and Smokes got jumped, and I'm sorry that she just got taken, but you aren't thinking straight."

"Would you be thinking straight if Race, Albert, or Elmer got taken?" Cards questions, staring into Spot's brown eyes.

"Yes." Spot answers slowly. "And anyway, you have to listen to me. I'm 17, you're 14."