Chapter 27 - A Partner in Crime

Stage: Me - Cards: ac110807
- Chapter 27 - "We've Only Got Tonight." -
Warnings: Mentions of injuries, blood, kidnapping, attempted murder, and abuse
Third Person POV

After a few minutes, Jack picked up Stage and Charlie picked up Cards.

Stage very much did not want to let go of Cards, but complied when Jack held her hand and was half-asleep a few minutes later (though she was having trouble fully falling asleep.)

Cards did not want to be picked up at all.

"Cards, please just let him carry you." Ace pleads with her.

Cards groans weakly. "I don't want to be carried. I'm fine. I want to be walking near Stage." She responds.

"Please." Ace takes her hand. "Give up with the stubbornness for one day? Please?"

Ace almost never got this worried.

Cards sighs deeply, relaxing a bit in Charlie's arms.

One of his hands was slipped under her legs and the other was behind her back, the same way that Jack was holding Stage.

Specs was holding Stage's right hand, half to comfort her, half since he was studying her cuts and needed to keep them straight up and not hurt them.

"Can Switch die? Can Zip die? Can Wisk die?" Cards groggily sings (to the tune of 'Unemployed'). "Because I've got a knife and want to go stab, stab." She shows her knife.

Spot immediately takes the knife out of her hand.

Cards pouts.

"I second this." Stage weakly raises her hand, before putting it down as she got dizzy again.

"Wow." Hotshot starts. "You know they've been through a lot when the one who hates violence wants someone to die." He comments.

"They hurt Cards." Stage mumbles in her defense.

Jack smiles, hugging her a little tighter. "She doesn't even care about her injuries." He whispers. "She's worried about Cards."

Stage lifts her head a bit. "Where?"

Specs lays her head down again. "Cards is okay. Lay your head down." He whispers.

"They didn't hurt me much." Cards states. "Unless you count knocking me out, holding a knife to my throat, and pulling my hair." She adds.

Stage's head went up again. "What?" She asks.

Specs shoots Cards a half-hearted glare. "Not helping." He tells her.

Cards shrugs a bit, looking up at the sky.

Specs lays Stage's head down again, whispering for her to sleep.

"Actually, Cards," Red grins cheekily. "They had blades, not knives. You had a knife."

Cards rolls her eyes. "Such a huge difference." She mumbles, sarcastically.