ch20. His Amaryllis

Start from the beginning

"Did you ever talked about what are you naming her?" Her mother asked and I sighed. "I don't know, she didn't want to name her Dila or Amaryllis... she said anything but that." My tears dropped as I looked at her small hands. "Could you take her... I am sorry but, I can't!" I said as I handed her to my mother and walked out. Dila, please fight for us... I can't take care of our daughter alone... I can't live without you, I need you... please stay alive.

I went to the OR and saw her uncle and her father sitting on the chairs waiting. I sat on the opposite and put my head on my hands. "You did this!" I heard Josh shout. I looked up and saw him shooting daggers at me. "The doctor told you to wait, she wasn't ready to get pregnant." Josh said and his father grabbed his elbow. "Josh stop." He said sternly. "You know why she wasn't ready for another kid? Because this bastard left her on her first pregnancy... this a***** made her first pregnancy bad so now we are about to lose her over a jerk." Josh said loudly and her father looked at me.

"What?" Xavier asked looking at me shocked. "It's because of me..." I whispered, I looked at the floor. Everything is because of me, if she wasn't pregnant she wouldn't be here now... If we waited- no, if I didn't marry her and just gave her the money. She wouldn't be here...

I shouldn't have ever- "son, I need you to be stronger... stop all the regrets and look at me," her father said standing infront of me. "My daughter, I didn't get to see her much... I don't know the whole story for you two, but I need you to promise me... your kids needs you so you should be strong for them." He put his hand on my shoulder. "You better be stronger." He stared at me. I stood up and hugged him sobbing, he is like my father. "I never wanted this to happen!" I told him and he patted my back, "I know son..." he whispered.

"Mr. Hawk." The doctor called me and I looked at her. "She is still alive." She said and I sighed relieved. "But we don't know how much her brain lost oxygen-"

"No... she is alive, you can't kill her-"

"We won't kill her but we will keep an eye on her the couple days will be critical." She finished and I fall to my seat. I didn't know what can I do now...

They moved her to the IC, we could see her behind the window. We were not aloud in there, I stared at her sleeping. Her mother hold our daughter and looked through the windows, "wake up baby... don't you want to meet your daughter..." she whispered as her tears fall down slowly. I approached her and looked at my daughter, I stared at her and felt my eyes burning.

"She is innocent and she needs you, be her rock and keep her safe." She told me as she handed her to me. "I will..." I said as I sobbed, if I lose her then her daughter will keep her alive, I swallowed hard.

Her father and uncle were patting my back, I looked at Dila, her heart was beating but she didn't wake up. I am afraid, what if she doesn't wake up... what if she stay like that for twenty years... I am so scared.

A nurse came and took my daughter to feed her up, I was waiting still for Dila, her parents left to take care of Xavier. Josh left to work, it was me, her uncle and her father. "I am scared..." I told them. "It's okay to be scared... but don't give up."

Xavier's pov:

I stared through the hospital window... there is something wrong, I feel it. "What are you thinking about?" Dominic questioned as he gave me a cup of tea. "I don't know, but I think Amaryllis is awake... I just feel she is with me right now." I took a sip. "When her son took out my oxygen tube, I was suffocating and that made me wake up all of sudden, I felt my whole body turn on... now, I think we should try this, we should try and help her wake up... she... she can't stay asleep for another twenty years.." I whispered the last part terrified that such thing could happen.