16➳ʙᴇɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴀʀꜱ

Days had passed since the tension-filled encounter with Mr Compress, the echoes of the argument fading like distant memories. As the sun dipped below the horizon, painting the sky in hues of orange and pink, the night slowly rocked in.

You peacefully lay on your bed, your body still healing from the mission's aftermath. The room was bathed in the soft glow of moonlight filtering through the curtains, casting ethereal shadows on the walls. Mr Compress's present box sat on your desk untouched and you sighed under your breath, knowing that sooner or later he would ask you about it.

Just as you were lost in your thoughts, a soft knock at the door disrupted the silence. Your heart skipped a beat, your head tilting in a curious motion as Dabi entered the room, a mysterious glint in his eyes. He held a finger to his lips, a silent gesture to ensure your silence as he motioned for you to follow him.

"You can walk, right?" he whispered softly, eyes scanning your bandages

"I can try" you replied, "Why?"

Dabi's lips curled into a small, secretive smile. "Just trust me and come with me."

With a mixture of intrigue and excitement, you slipped off the bed silently, your body still slightly weak but fueled with anticipation. You followed Dabi through the dimly lit hallway, the air thick with the sense of adventure and the thrill of the unknown.

He led you through winding corridors and up the stairs until you emerged onto a rooftop garden. The scene before you was enchanting—a galaxy of shimmering silver stars above, the gentle rustle of leaves in the breeze, and a soft mat adorned with flickering candles casting a warm, inviting glow.

Your breath caught in your throat as you took in the scene before you, the surprise and thoughtfulness behind this leaving you utterly speechless.

Dabi's gaze met yours, his expression a mixture of vulnerability and determination. "When I looked at those stars, I thought of you instantly," he said softly, his voice carrying a warmth that made your heart skip. "Beautiful, captivating, and something I will always wish for."

Tears shimmered in your eyes, your heart overflowing with emotion at his gesture. Dabi holds out his hand, a silent invitation to dance beneath the starlit sky. Without a word, you stepped forward, closing the distance between you and Dabi. He twirls you around and you move in sync, dancing away underneath the stars as the world fades away.

As time seems to pause, the two of you settled onto the mat, the soft glow casting your faces in a warm embrace. As you shared stories and laughter, the intimacy of the moment deepened, each stolen glance and tender touch fueling a spark to the connection that had blossomed between you.

While the night wore on, the stars overhead bearing witness, Dabi's fingers found yours, his touch a promise that transcended words. "I've missed you, Y/n," he admitted, his voice faltering. 

Your heart swelled with a mixture of gratitude and affection, the weight of his words sinking in. In this secret haven, under the moon's gentle gaze, you were able to glimpse the depth of his feelings, the vulnerability he rarely showed to the world.

"But the trainer part" you whispered softly, your words filled with a hint of fear, as if afraid they might spoil the moment. "Why did you tell Shigaraki you were no longer my trainer?"

He catches onto your words and his hand reaches out to caress your face. "You wanted space, and if space is what made you happy, I was willing to do it for you." His eyebrow raised at you, a small grin tipping upon his lips, "Do you still need more space?"

"No, not anymore" you breathed out, trying to hold in a smile.

 Your lips then met his in a soft, lingering kiss—a union of emotions, a promise of more to come. The world seemed to stand still, the rooftop garden cocooning you in its embrace, a sanctuary of love in the midst of chaos.

Laughing beneath the stars, you felt a connection that transcended the boundaries of your world. Dabi's hand found yours once more, his touch a promise of the feelings you shared—a bond that was unbreakable, a spark that was undeniable.

As you looked up at the stars, you realized that sometimes, amidst the chaos and danger, the universe had a way of aligning the stars to guide you toward the one person who could light up your world.

The night had been a whisper of magic, a secret shared between you and Dabi, a memory etched into the core of your hearts.