03➳ꜱɪꜱᴛᴇʀ

Your last heated battle had just ended, with you being the last one standing. Before you even had time to regain your senses, Dabi had approached you and challenged you to a fight. You frantically looked at Mr.Compress for help but all he did was shrug his shoulders. It seems you weren't the only one that was taken off-guard by this.

"Come on. Why are you so afraid? Didn't you just beat the two strongest people in this arena?" Dabi smiled. "Beating me would be no biggie right? Unless you actually... cheated"

The male rolled that word around his tongue, as if he was accusing you.

You scoffed as you leaned into your fighting stance. The whole crowd stirred with excitement as they waited for you to attack.

"Very well." Dabi said. "You ready?"

You open your mouth to speak but nothing came out. The shock and the confusion was a little too overwhelming for you. You weren't exactly nervous. To put it simply, you didn't know what Dabi's motives are.

'Why is he doing this? What is he thinking? How did I get into this situation?'. All these questions drifted through your head.

As if noticing you were confused, Dabi spoke up.

"I want to know what's your quirk," he said blatantly.

Hearing his answer eased some of your worries.

It wasn't surprising that he would be interested in knowing what's your quirk. Especially after defeating not one, but two remarkable opponents without even using it once. Many of the people in the crowd had also noticed this, which is why theories were now floating around the entire assembly. Some people had spread rumors, saying that maybe you didn't even have a quirk at all. On the other hand, many others said the opposite thing, telling stories of how you had a quirk so unimaginably strong, that it would kill everyone here if you used it.

Of course, most of these ideas were far-fetched, but the fact remained the same. You had not shown your quirk and, as a result, this had caused Dabi to call you out.

His actions of suddenly challenging you to a fight now made sense. If only the strongest opponent could force you to reveal your quirk, he would be that opponent.

"Sure, let's do this," you said, your grip on your katana was not as strong compared to the previous matches, this just goes to show that both Ryosuke and Shizuka were no easy opponents. They were strong, but just not as strong as you.

You point the tip of your katana towards Dabi.

"So.....", Mr. Compress was cut short for the second time as Dabi patted him on the shoulder.

"No time for formalities, Compress." Dabi's face turned into a smirk. His gaze then shifting to you "I hope you're ready Y/n."

"I'm ready," you replied, holding out your katana in front of you. The truth was, you weren't ready. Your weapon had been almost turned to ashes in the previous round and your energy had been greatly depleted. The only reason you didn't back off was because of one thing. Your ace card.

"Ladies first," Dabi said mockingly.

This time, instead of mindlessly running towards your enemy, you calculated the possibilities of what you could do. Dabi's blue flames were some of the fiercest and dangerous in the world, even greater than red flames. As if that wasn't intimidating enough, Dabi was not only able to engulf his hands with this fire but could also spray it over a large area. His flames were able to literally blow an entire door away within seconds.

Now came the issue, his attacks were close range to mid-range while yours was just close range. Not to mention that your katana was not as sturdy as it used to be, a few more direct hits and it will be as good as nothing. This led you to the only option you have left.