"Scott wanted me to tell you that you can't do anything, Lynn," Isaac then explained, and there was no longer shakiness in his voice, where he sounded more determined. "I know Derek—"

"—I'm not talking about him," Lynn interrupted, and Isaac looked at her with a pleading glance, asking the girl to just listen to him for once, but she already knew what he was going to say, so it didn't matter. "I get it, no losing control and killing someone, duly noted."

"You're going to have to talk about him at some point, Evelynn," Isaac responded, and there was almost a sour tone in his voice, like he was running out of patience.

"Not anytime soon," Lynn fake smiled in the boy's direction, before pulling out her tangled earbuds and stuffing the two ends into both her ears. Perhaps if she turned the music all the way up, she wouldn't have to listen to him any longer, and maybe even, she would be able to tune out her thoughts.

Her thoughts about how Derek Hale was killed right before her eyes.

      "Derek, hey, can you just listen to me?"

      Lynn dramatically huffed out as she glared harshly in Derek's direction, who was now walking several feet away with his back towards her. She skipped a few steps and wrapped her fingers around Derek's right bicep, and if it wasn't terribly timing, she would've commented on how his perfectly sculpted body always seemed to send butterflies soaring in her stomach.

"Can't you listen to me?" Lynn scoffed with annoyance, locking her eyes with Derek's emerald green ones, and there was a desperate plea written in hers. "This is a trap, Deucalion wants us to know where he is — that's exactly why he met Scott in that elevator. They want you to do this."

Lynn had yet to tell Derek about the fact that Deucalion came to her with the proposal of joining the alpha pack — with only one con, she would have to kill Derek Hale to steal his powers. She wasn't sure if Deucalion had told him that she had an offer herself, and Lynn wasn't even sure how she could bring it up.

He wasn't acting nervous or awkward, but Derek was never either one of those, so she didn't know if he had just gotten extremely good at hiding his emotions — or he genuinely didn't know.

Lynn slightly tilted her head as she saw the expression on Derek's face, that he wasn't surprised by the fact Lynn's stating the attack on Deucalion was actually a trap, and she scoffed with a disappointed face.

"You already know it's a trap," Lynn commented, finally releasing her hand from Derek's arm, and she shook her head with distaste. "You just don't care."

Derek's eyes hovered as he planted a palm on his desk, using the other one to run it aimlessly through his scruffy hair. "It's not like that, Evelynn."

The two were residing in Derek's loft, the second time she had been here, where the first was that bright and tired morning that he started their training. Due to the fact she had hardly gotten any sleep, Lynn really hadn't paid attention that first time, but she had finally noticed how the details when she arrived for a second time. She liked it, the beautiful brick wall and wide open space — she always imagined she would have an apartment like this when she was older.

"Derek, just listen to me," Lynn pleaded, where her eyes were soft, and Derek's already seemed to be melting. "I have this feeling, okay? Like something is...something's going to go terribly wrong."