6. Nothin' But A Good Time

Start from the beginning

"How was it?"

"Good food. I got a chicken parm. Pelle got steak tartar, because he's gross," Marlene told Oystein, her words muffled. The black haired man chuckled lowly. Marlene turned over and sat up, matching her friend.

Without a word, Marlene took off the silver cross. She pulled the charm of the cross off the chain and threw it into the wooden wall like a throwing star. The cross stuck, sticking out of the wall like a cross in Flanders' Fields. Oystein's eyebrows shot up. "Wow."

"Practice, my love. I'm stealing some clothes, I want to get out of this fucking nun habit," Marlene announced, standing up.

With steady footing, Marlene walked over to Oystein's dresser. She opened it and a wave of fresh linen hit her. It wasn't as if the clothes were especially clean, the house was just especially dirty. The cleanliness was nice but foreign.

Marlene pulled out a random t-shirt and inhaled it deeply. She sighed happily then got out a pair of jogging pants from another drawer. Without a second thought, she stripped down to just the blue bra she put on this morning and her lace underwear that had cats on them. Oystein stifled a laugh from the bed, resulting in Marlene flipping him off before pulling on his clothes.

"You look really good in my clothes," he told her as she crawled into the spot beside him.

"Shh. Sleep time."

Oystein just chuckled and shook his head. He lay down beside her, putting his arm around her waist and pulling her close, putting the two into a spooning position. Oystein peppered her shoulders and collarbone with soft kisses. Marlene smiled and hummed. "You sure you wanna sleep?"

"100%. I've got class in 12 hours and I'm tired enough to sleep for 13."

"Alright, Lena. Goodnight," Oystein chortled. Marlene turned around and kissed him softly. Just as it was getting a bit heated, Marlene broke apart, turning back around.

"Night."

*

Nights were always cold. If you moved a milometer, the sheets to wherever you just moved would be ice cold, waking you up instantly. It didn't help that the house was made basically of just wood with little insulation. How Oystein slept in a t-shirt was beyond Marlene. She resolved to buy a massively thick blanket for the next time she slept over.

The sun came up at around 7, casting luminous rays of golden light over Marlene and Oystein's faces. Marlene had slept as light as a cat for years and years, so the bright light woke her up instantly. Her eyes pulled open; slow at first, then she got used to the light. Marlene looked around the room for a second.

It was the first time she'd seen Oystein's room during the day.

There were two guitars on stands in the corner of the room, clothes everywhere, and all the furniture was light oak. Oystein's bedsheets were a light blue with a navy blue comforter, which made Marlene smile. Even Euronymous likes blue.

Too cold was the room so Marlene just closed her eyes and snuggled into the sheets further. Behind her, what she thought were sheets, moved closer to her. Oystein's long, pale arm reached over and held her waist, his bare hand finding the one spot of her exposed stomach. Marlene smiled.

But then she got to thinking. That was never good.

Oystein could ignore her in front of their friends, treat her like one of the boys, but as soon as there's nothing to prove, he's suddenly the softest boyfriend in the world? It's not like Jan, Pelle and Jorn didn't know. They knew because Marlene told them. Otherwise, they'd think the night of the party was a one-off.  But Oystein didn't have to prove Marlene had a boyfriend to her parents. He didn't have to prove anything to her.