Moonlit Night

That night I tossed and turned in bed. Nightmares creeping into my mind. They consisted of blood and creatures that looked human but had red eyes. I sighed, unable to go back to sleep. I slipped on a shawl over my white nightgown and quietly made my way out of my room, walking along the empty, dark and quiet school halls. I stepped outside and looked around, the coast was clear. I walked to the fountain from earlier and sat down, staring down at the water. It was a cool night, signalling the beginning of Autumn. The moonlight shown over the water and I listened quietly to the pattering. "Ruri? What are doing out here so late at night?" Asked a voice, I jumped slightly and turned my startled sapphire eyes to the person the voice belonged to. It was Takuma, I frowned slightly. "I-I couldn't sleep..." I mutter, turning away from him, I hear him sit down beside me and I can feel the warmth his body radiates "nightmares?" He asks, I nod "memories...sort of" I confirm. He seemed curious an a bit concerned "are you alright?" He asks and I nod "I'm fine..." I assure him. I'm surprised Takuma would continue to talk to me. He seems so much better than me and I was unsure about someone like him talking to someone like me.

I notice his green gaze seeming to assess me "you know, you don't have to lie. Though, if you don't want to talk about it that's alright. We barely know each other after all" he says, I was nervous but for some reason I'm glad he was with me. I knew he could tell I was lying because I never seem ok, even when I truly am. I nod, but I feel like he was hinting at something. Did he want to get to know me? Did I want to get to know him? I noticed the smell again. It radiated off of him like when we first met. He and Kaname smelled different. I was no exception. I hesitated, pulling the shawl over my shoulders more "did you...want to know more about me?" I ask, taking a risk. He seemed a little surprised by the question but his cheeks turned a light pink and he averted his gaze "I mean...I would like to but, not without your consent of course" he says. Such a polite gentleman. I smile slightly "I would like that. I would also like to get to know you as well, Takuma." I answer, a small blush dusting my face. He gazed down at me, a soft smile on his face "of course, I don't mind. Come by the moon dormitory tomorrow before school, don't worry about your classes" he says. I nod "alright" I say. The cool night breeze decided to blow again and my shawl wasn't doing much, I glanced away from the blond haired boy. I heard some shifting and something warm resting on my shoulders, I looked up at Takuma. He had taken off his white uniform top, leaving him in an undershirt, and had wrapped it over my shoulders "it's alright. I have more at the dorm. It's getting late, if Yuki or Zero were to find you we would be in trouble" he says, rubbing his neck nervously and I nod in understanding, blushing a bit more. I stand and he does as well, he insists that he escort me back to the dorms and I'm too sweet to refuse. Once I'm back at the dorms he tells me to keep the jacket which I reluctantly nod. Once he's gone I slip inside and back to my room. I slide the jacket and shawl off, resting them on my chair. Before I get into bed I hesitate and turn, taking the white item once more and sliding into bed, cuddling the fabric. It smelled sweet and was still warm. I gradually fell asleep, no longer being haunted by the terrible nightmares.