A New School

It was early Saturday morning. I had just arrived at Cross Academy. I would be doing the rest of my schooling here since public schools didn't work well for me. My parents thought it would be a good idea to come here since they have dorms and their teaching is high quality. I have never really has true friends, and that's one of the reasons why I'm shy and hide my true emotions. I have been hurt in the past so being independent and unsociable was the best for me, but the real reason why my parents wanted me to come here is so I could start fresh and maybe go back to the way I used to be. I'm coming to this school two months into the year so I don't think I missed too much. I finally found the headmasters office and knocked on the wooden door, a voice calling to allow entrance.

I step inside cautiously and close the door "ah! You've arrived, welcome Mrs.Eimi" the headmaster says, smiling gently as he looks up from the papers on his desk. I bow politely before straightening "thank you headmaster..." I say quietly "but, just call me Ruri" I tell him. He nods "well, I have your schedule here and your dorm number. I'm sure you'll be confused so I have asked one of the disciplinary committee members to come by and show you around, give you a uniform, and explain things to you" he tells me and I nod "alright..." as if on cue, a girl with brown hair and ruby eyes steps in "morning headmaster!" She says brightly. She wasn't wearing a uniform, probably because it was a Saturday but she looked pretty. I glance away nervously "hello yuki! Right on time! Ruri, this is my daughter Yuki. She is the girl I was talking about earlier" he says, Yuki smiles gently at me "hello Ruri! It's nice to meet you. I hope you'll like it here" she says, I nod "it's nice to meet you too" I say.

We say goodbye to the headmaster after receiving my schedule and dorm number. Yuki leads me through the school halls, telling me where everything is. I listen quietly but I was a little overwhelmed. Soon we were heading towards the dorm she called the sun dorm. As we were walking Yuki stopped and I glanced over her shoulder. Two boys, one with dark brown hair and ruby eyes and the other with blonde hair and emerald eyes was walking towards us. The second was smiling and talking to the other, they were wearing casual clothes but they looked very beautiful. Yuki smiled as the two spotted us "hi Takuma, Kaname!" She says. The one I assumed was Takuma smiled sweetly "hello Yuki. What are you doing right now?" He asks, seeming to have not noticed me yet. Yuki grins "the headmaster has asked me to show a new student around! Ruri, this is Takuma, Vice President of the night class and moon dorm. And this is Kaname, president of the night class and moon dorm" she introduces, pulling me out from behind her. I hesitated "um...hello" I say, Kaname smiles gently "it's nice to meet you Ruri, we were just on our way to the headmaster's actually" he says. Takuma grins "yes we were, though it's very nice to meet you Ruri. I hope you'll like it here" he says, I nod "yes, thank you" I say, my Crystal sapphire eyes meeting his emerald ones. Yuki smiles up at Kaname "well, we should get going, there's a lot to see! Have a nice day Kaname, Takuma!" She says, taking my wrist and dragging me away.

I could feel their gazes following us before we disappeared from their view. Those boys seemed nice...but something about them was different.

Takuma's POV

We watched them go and once they disappeared from sight I sighed "a new day class student...I hope the others don't get too curious" I say, glancing back at Kaname who nods "she seemed quiet so I doubt she'll want to draw attention to herself...although, I can't say she seemed different" he says, seeming a bit puzzled about the situation. I nodded, my bright smile returning "why don't we discuss this later, we still have business with the headmaster" I remind the pureblood who nods and turns. I follow him as we walk towards the school. As we walk in silence, an image of those beautiful sapphire eyes slides into my mind. She had pale skin and her raven black hair complimented her eyes. She seemed so timid, but I couldn't get a read on her emotions. Her eyes shone but only naturally, not out of happiness or admiration, not even nervousness. Usually the girls I met would be blushing and going crazy but she was much different. Not a hint of pink on her face.

Why did she come to this school? I'm sure I would see her again, but her shyness towards others would probably make it hard. What a puzzle.