Ch. 6

Enjoy x

~~

After being checked and having his bullet wound treated , stitched and wrapped , Harry was given crutches . The first thing he did was go to see Louis .

He made his way through the hallways , seeing two police officers standing outside Louis' room . They gave him a nod , he nodded back and knocked on the door .

"He's being checked by the Doctor , you can go in ." One of the officers told him , Harry nodded again and opened the door , slipping into the room and closing the door behind him .

Louis turned his head towards him , visibly relaxing when he saw him . Harry gave him a smile and walked closer , "Sorry to bother ."

"You're all good , Mr. Styles ." The Doctor smiled at him as he finished wrapping Louis' stitched bullet wound , covering his leg with the blanket to keep him warm . 

"Is it okay if I ask how things are going ?" Harry asked , the Doctor turned to Louis , "Do I have permission to tell him about your condition ?"

Louis nodded and clutched the blanket with both his hands .

The Doctor turned to face Harry . "We took the bullet out , cleaned the wound and stitched him up , now it's wrapped . Make sure he doesn't move or stretch his leg a lot so the stitches wouldn't rip open . About his cuts ; none of them are major , none needed stitches , so we cleaned him up and wrapped them ."

Harry nodded , "Good . What about some food ? Water ?"

"He didn't eat all day , make sure he drinks at least one bottle of water before he eats anything . Small doses of food , too , start with something dry . Toast , rice . Orange juice will be good for him , too ."

"Okay , thank you ." Harry shook the Doctor's hand , the man smiled , "I want you to know that I'm looking up to you , what you did was truly heroic ."

"Thank you ." Harry nodded , the Doctor patted his shoulder before leaving the room .

Harry moved closer to Louis and sat at the edge of his bed , "Hi ." He smiled softly , Louis gave him a faint smile , "Hi ."

"I'm sorry ." Harry shook his head , Louis frowned , "What for ?"

"How you were treated , by the two people who were meant to protect you ." Harry's voice dropped , almost whispering . Louis shook his head , "None of this has to do with you , you have nothing to be sorry for ."

"They don't matter anymore . They're going to jail ." Harry took his smaller hand into his large one , frowning when Louis' eyes filled with tears . He put his hand on his cheek , "Hey , don't cry ."

"I f-feel lost ." Louis bit his lower lip to stop it from trembling . "Just this morning I was about to go to school , I had parents . A home . What now ?"

Harry swiped his thumb under his eye , catching a single tear . "We'll figure it out , I promise you . I'm not leaving your side , I won't let anyone separate us ." He moved to sit closer and wrapped Louis in a hug , rubbing his hand on his back .

When Louis calmed down he pulled back , Harry gave him a gentle smile and rubbed his hands from his back to his sides , "I'll go ask for someone to bring us food , okay ?"

Louis nodded and watched Harry standing up from the bed , using his crutches to walk to the door .

Harry talked to the two police officers and they gave him a note and a pen , he wrote down their food order and handed the note and pen back , thanking them and continuing down the hallway to the closest vending machine , taking out two water bottles and two gatorade bottles , before making his way back to Louis' room .