[5]Suicide

Jocelyn P.O.V.

Today seems to be a better day for me. The morning sunlight shone brightly through my hospital window. It was almost hard to sleep last night, because the girl in the room next to mine kept waking up and crying.

“Good morning.” a nurse greeted me. “How are you this morning?” she asked me.

“Fine.” I replied. “Do you know anything about the girl in the next room?”

“Yeah, she and her boyfriend got into a car accident. He died.” she said with a ting of grief in her voice.

My eyes opened wide in shock. Was this the reason why she was crying all night long? Just then, my brother, David, walked in. “David!” I squealed in delight.

“How are you, Jocelyn?” he asked gently.

“I‘m better,” I replied. “Do you know about the girl in the next room?”

“No. Why do you ask?”

“I think you should go check on her, she was crying all last night. She and her boy friend got into a car accident and he died.” I told him.

“Alright, I‘ll go check on her.” he replied smiling.

David P.O.V.

I went downstairs to go to the gift shop to by some flowers for the girl Jocelyn wanted me to see. I picked out a bouquet of white daisies and pink carnations. I can’t imagine what she must be going through. I held the flowers in my hand as I pressed the button for the fifth floor in the elevator. The doors opened back up and I stepped out into the lonely white hospital hallway. I reached the door that was labeled 587 and pushed down the handle. The room was quiet, and all of the lights were turned off and the curtains drawn.

Devon P.O.V.

I had thought about it before, I mean, not like I do now. I wondered how other people could have been able to do this. Even now, I still don’t fully understand these conflicting emotions. The blade felt cold in my hand. I closed all the blinds and shut off the lights. I didn’t want any sunshine to shine in. It reminded me too much of Josh. I placed the sharp blade close to my wrist. I knew what I was going to do, I can’t turn back now. Light flooded the room. A handsome young man stood in front of my bed, holding a bouquet of daises and carnations bound together with a pink ribbon. Tears flooded my eyes again.

David P.O.V.

I walked into the room and flipped on the light switch. I walked over to the bed, but stopped suddenly at what I saw. A girl in a hospital gown sitting on the bed was holding a knife to her wrist. I immediately sprung into action.

"Don't!" I shouted, and grabbed the knife out of her hand and threw it across the room. Tears trickled down her cheeks from her big blue eyes. "Why are you doing this?" I questioned her. My question only made her cry more. I gently wiped the tears away. I was afraid that the fragile being in front of me would fall to pieces at any moment.

Devon P.O.V.

A tender hand reached out and touched my face. I blinked my eyes trying to rid myself of the tears. Almost for a second I thought I saw Josh. I wish he were still here. The thought only brought more tears. Suddenly I was encircled by warm arms that held me tight. I finally lost myself and began to sob heavily into his shoulder.

Josh P.O.V.

I watched, speechless from what I saw. I wanted to cry. My heart ached to watch Devon hurt so much. I felt a hand on my shoulder and pain began to dull and wither away.

"I guess there really is no pain in heaven." I said, in a mocking tone.

"Patience." He replied.

PromisedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara