22.

"Charlie. What are you doing here?" I ask once the door is fully open to reveal the old man.

"Well, Harry, I was just wondering why you didn't come into work? I could have really used the help." I totally forgot about work today, I was so excited about seeing Jane.

"Shit. I'm sorry, I was busy today." I try an apology, hoping he will just accept it and forgive me.

"It's alright, but you better be at work tomorrow. There is a funeral being held and I'll need help." I nod my head, making a mental note to make sure and go into work.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow at eight o'clock sharp." I nod again, planning to get up early to make sure I'll be there on time. I really don't need to lose my job, I would be screwed without it.

"Who died?" I speak up before he leaves.

"I'm not sure, but all I know is that person knew a lot of people. This will be the biggest funeral we've had since Anna Sexton died." After that, Charlie leaves without another word, leaving me wondering more and more about the Sextons.

I shut the door, head to the kitchen and finish cleaning, hoping to get done before it's too late. I don't want to be late for work tomorrow.

After the kitchen is clean, I decide to go upstairs, this time without being frightened or even mad like the last time I was up here. The door creaks open like it would in any horror movie, but I just ignore it and go on in, turning on the light to make it less eerie-feeling. Surprisingly, when the lights come on the room is empty, only the bed, a small nightstand and the mirror are there.

I walk over to the mirror, seeing that someone had fixed it, or at least tried to. The reflection it shows is a distorted one. Anna must have fixed it, but why? Why would she want to fix something that will never be the same again?

I step back from the mirror and towards the window, noticing it's still broken. I forgot to fix it earlier, but hopefully I can sometime tomorrow. I head back downstairs and get in bed.

* * *

I wake to the sound of my alarm and get up, heading for the bathroom to take a shower. After lathering up my hair, I start to rinse off the scented soap. I dry off quickly, since it's a bit cold being wet and all. I brush my teeth, then head for the kitchen to fix myself something for breakfast, deciding on toast and eggs since those are fairly easy to make. Once finished, I throw my plate in the sink and start out the back door to meet Charlie in the cemetery.

"Wow! You're actually five minutes early." He exclaims, throwing his hands in the air.

I just laugh and say, "Well, I did actually put in some effort to get here on time."

"You mean you actually put in effort to wake up?" He reads my mind.

"Yes, that's what I meant."

"Well, these chairs aren't going to get set up by themselves." He motions to a stack of white stairs, I'm guessing for the funeral. We head towards an empty spot where a grave is being prepared to be dug. "Just start lining these up around the tombstone."

I do as I'm told and start unfolding the chairs and placing them as directed. It didn't really hit me till last night that I am actually working at a graveyard, sure I knew I was working at one, but it's so depressing now that I'm setting up chairs to be sat in later for someone's final resting place. To know all these people will be gathered here soon, weeping over the one they've lost.

"That looks good. Now wipe them off, they have been sitting in the shed for a while, so they're probably dirty." Charlie comes up behind me and hands me a rag. I start to clean off the chairs before people start showing up, and once they do I stand off to the side, hoping to see Charlie somewhere to ask him what I can do next. I walk around, trying to avoid the people, I'm not really dressed for a funeral. I feel out of place in my T-shirt and ripped jeans.