The Poet

"I loved you because it was easier than loving myself

"I loved you because it was easier than loving myself."
-Nayyirah Waheed

"Oh dear, I wonder if I'll make it in time!"

The princess exclaimed looking at herself in the extravagant mirror. The kingdom grew busy on this Sunday morning. Today princess Sonia Nevermind would meet all of her suitors. It was a custom in the kingdom of Novoselic for the princess to meet several suitors a week after her 17th birthday. And this bright Sunday morning was officially a week after Princess Sonia's birthday. And today was that day. The castle staff worked day and night to ensure the protection of today's event. But in a fairly medium room in one the castle's tower was princess Sonia and her handmaiden y/n. Elegant curtains draped over the window letting a few rays lof light shine into the extravagant room fit for a royal. The light hit the jewels around the princesses dress creating a glowing sparkle around it.

"No worries your highness, I just need to fix your dress and you'll be free to go." The princess handmaiden smiled as she adjusted the princess gown fluffing it here and patting it down there. Sonia admired it with a smile. The dress complementing the fancy dressing room, fit for a princess of course.

"Thank you y/n, though a part of me wishes I wouldn't have to do this," The bonde did her best to muster a smile but she couldn't help but let out a sigh.

"You get to look at all of the cute boys for like an hour, I don't see the problem?" Her handmaiden raised a brow, curious to see what was on her mind.

"Well, I mean..." The princess struggled to find the right words.

"Oh I almost forgot how you fancy the royal advisor for a moment," y/n grinned nonchalantly pretending she didnt see the Princess smile just thinking about the royal advisor.

Sonia's face flushed a light red. "T-that is not true!"

"Oh is it?" y/n rolled her eyes in disbelief.

"It's not like that y/n, Gundham and I are just friends," She tucked a piece of blonde hair behind her ear.

"Ah yes because the princess of the royal family would definitely call her royal adviser by his first name."

"y/n!"

"Did I lie? Did I lie your highness?" y/n brushed some hair out of the princesses face, continuing to powder it lightly. Sonia sighed. "I suppose not."

A knock on the door silenced the twos chat.

"Come in!" The princess called.

The tall oak door opened to find a familiar face. A knight in light armor walked in leaning against the wall, a cheeky smile on her pale face.

"Oi! You girls finished yet? We're almost late!" The knight ran her hand through her dark raven curls.

"Angel!" Sonia smiled.