||-Your Voice Is Driving Me, Driving Me Insane 3-||

Its needless to say that Phils going to be pissed. Wilbur just got dropped off by Ted. Its one in the morning by the time he gets home. Wilbur had put his phone on silent after the first time Phil called. He knows that Phils concerned, but he cant bring himself to care. Hell probably be gone in three weeks, anyway. Whats the point in being a good kid if youre always sent away?

He hops onto the porch, ringing the doorbell. He wipes his smile off his face so Phil doesnt think that hes smug or proud about leaving. Sure, he made new friends and Phil would be happy about that, but he wouldnt like who hes friends with. Schlatt lives next door, so Phil surely cant get that mad.

The door swings open quickly. Phil appears in the doorway. His worried expression changes into one of relief before melting into anger. He opens the door without a word and pulls at his hair while walking back inside. Wilbur feels a pang of guilt before reminding himself that Phil doesnt care about him. He steps inside, shutting the door gently behind him.

Phil whips around to stare at Wilbur again. His eyes look bloodshot. He seems like he was crying, but Wilbur doesnt care. Its fake. Hes just trying to manipulate Wilbur into feeling bad for his foster father. It wont work, though. One of his old foster parents had tried that on him. Hes learned since then. He doesnt trust any of the Craft family.

Where the fuck were you? Phils definitely angry. I got a call from the school saying you werent there, I called all of the people that I knew you know, I called you a hundred times- Phil cuts himself off with a frustrated groan. It looks like tears are pricking in his eyes. You can tell me anything, you know that.

Wilbur doesnt respond. He isnt sure how to. Hes made families upset before. Some of them got even more upset than Phil is right now. He shifts his weight from one foot to the other. Phil stares at him expectantly. Wilbur thinks hes meant to respond.

Im sorry, Phil. It wont happen again, he lies. He knows itll happen again considering how persistent Schlatt was about him going this time. Phil doesnt seem like he believes Wilbur, but doesnt say anything.

Have you eaten anything since breakfast?

Yes. I got some Chuckle Sandwiches. Phils frown deepens.

You were with the Lunch Club, werent you?

I was.

Stay away from those boys. Theyre bad news. Phil sighs. Go to your room. Dont come out for the rest of the night. And with that, Phil leaves to sit down on the couch in the living room. Wilbur shrugs and turns on his heels back to his and Tommys shared room.

He doesnt think that Tommys awake when he opens the door, but wide blue eyes stare straight at him. He almost screams. He clutches his chest like hes just been given a heart attack. He stares at Tommy before realize theres two other sets of eyes staring back at him.

What the fuck are you doing? Wilbur seethes quietly after closing the door. Tommy stifles a laugh.

Sorry, I didnt think youd be back tonight. Tommy laughs nervously. One of the sets of eyes, who he recognizes as Tubbos, moves. He moves closer to Tommy to hide behind him. The purple eyes Wilbur saw have disappeared. Wilbur just assumes the eyes are closed.

Why are Tubbo and Purpled here?

Why were you out so late?

Touche.

Boys! Theyre interrupted by Phil knocking loudly on the door. Wilbur yelps out of both surprise and fear. He grabs a lamp off his bedside table and holds it up as a weapon. Hes been in this situation before. Hes been on the brink of death because of a foster parent that always knocked, came in, and beat him up for something that Wilbur didnt do. He wasnt going to let it happen again. He would protect himself and Tommy.

Tommy gives Wilbur a weird look before turning back to the door. Phil steps in, and Wilbur backs up against the wall. Suddenly, hes just a twelve year old kid again.

Hes feels so small now. Hes back in that dark home. Hes back with that awful single father. He was a drunk and took out his frustrations on Wilbur. Wilbur couldnt count how many bones that had been broken while he was in that home. He remembered always stepping in to protect his four year old foster brother.

Tommy looks like that little boy. They have the same bright blue eyes full of so much wonder and joy. Wilbur watched the emotion leave the little boys eyes. Even though they werent close, Wilbur vowed to himself that he wouldnt let the same happen to Tommy.

Wilburs crying now. He doesnt register it at first. The salty tears drip down his hot cheeks as hes flooded with memories hes tried so desperately to forget. They fall down from his chin and drop onto his clothes. Even though its water, it feels like blood as his eyes burn.

Wilby! Tommys desperate cry brings him back to reality. Wilbur looks from Tommy, to Tubbo, to Purpled, to Techno, and to Phil. He feels his chest tighten with guilt. He hadnt meant to make anyone worry. He just did what he thought he was supposed to.

He shudders as he tries to catch up with his own breath. He feels dizzy, like he could throw up at any moment. It hurts. At this point, hed rather just curl up and die. It would be much less painful than seeing all the eyes bore into him.

The silence is nearly deafening. Wilbur chokes back a wretched sob. He slows his breath and wipes his eyes. He gathers of the shards of his composure and tapes them together before turning to look at Phil.

I need to um, use the restroom. He walks awkwardly out of the room, brushing past Techno in the doorway. Techno shoots him a glance that says we need to chat later but Wilbur cant bring himself to care right now.

He closes the bathroom door with a sigh. He didnt really need to use the restroom, he just needed a getaway. He sinks to the floor with a quiet sob. He pulls his knees up to his chest and covers his mouth. He doesnt want anyone to hear him.

His social worker said that this family could stick. She said that hed be happier here. She promised that hed get better. Wilbur had scoffed at that. At this rate, hes starting to think he was right for doubting it.