||-Your Voice Is Driving Me, Driving Me Insane-||

Wilbur hasnt even been in this new home for a day, but he already hates it. There are two others kids here, one older than him and one younger. His foster father is kind, but hes sort of distant. He pays more attention to the older son, Technoblade.

Technoblade is cold, Wilbur realizes immediately. He tends to keep to himself and prefers to observe. He doesnt seem to enjoy Wilburs company. That might be a problem considering how clingy Wilbur can be.

Tommy is the other kid. Hes about three years younger than Wilbur. Hes loud and annoying. Wilbur decides straight off the bat that he doesnt like Tommy. Tommy might just be clingier than Wilbur, which could be a good thing, but it isn't. Hes obnoxious and reckless. Wilbur realizes that hes not going to fit in here.

Phil is his foster father. Hes compassionate, but distant. He tends to look at Techno more than Tommy which might explain why Tommy is so eager to get Wilburs attention. Phils an optimist and thinks that with a little love and care, Wilbur will fit right in. Wilbur begs to differ, however.

Theyre in the car now. Its Wilburs first day at the new school. Hes already been given a tour, met the teachers, and handed a schedule. Hes well-aware of where hes supposed to be going. Yet, he cant help but feel a little nervous. What if he gets lost? Bullied? Sees a kid from and old home? There are many possibilities, but Wilbur know not to verbalize them. Especially when someone asks why hes worried, hes learned that from past homes; lie when spoken to.

Tommys chattering away to Techno and Phil. Wilbur has his headphones on and is blasting his music, so he cant quite hear them. Crywank does wonders in regards of tuning people out.

Wilbur doesnt realize that hes squeezing his backpack until he looks down at his knuckles turning white with the force hes gripping. He doesnt let go, though. He moves one of his headphones off his ear to listen in on the conversation.

-ubbo! I think hell like Wilbur, Tommy says with a toothy grin. Wilbur rolls his eyes. He doesnt want to meet any of Tommys friends. Whoever this Ubbo guy was, Wilbur didnt particularly want to meet him.

He slips his headphones completely off, pausing the playlist he was listening to on his phone. He shoves them into his backpack and puts his phone in the back pocket of his jeans. Techno shoots him an annoyed glance, but otherwise says nothing. Wilbur looks out the window. Theyre here.

Wilbur, Techno, and Tommy get out of the car. Wilbur slings his backpack over his shoulder. Phil shouts something to them, but Wilbur doesnt catch it. Hes already walking away.

He keeps his head down to avoid eye contact. He doesnt want to make friends right now. Hed prefer to be alone with his thoughts. Hed especially like to avoid becoming friends with the douchebag behind him that wont stop stepping on the backs of his shoes.

Wilbur turns around and meets the strangers eyes. Will you fucking quit it? Walk on your own shoes. The stranger is the same height as Tommy, but he seems much older. He has mutton chops and a mustache. It suits his face, but Wilbur cant think to compliment the stranger right now.

The stranger laughs, shoving Wilburs shoulder. Wilbur thinks there might be steam coming out of his ears with how annoyed hes getting. He shoves the stranger back harder, He stumbles backwards, smile falling from his face. Its replaced with a grim expression. Wilburs seen that kind of expression before. His face pales.

Im sorry, I didnt mean it.

You must be Phils new kid, Wilbur. The stranger eyes Wilbur up and down. You look like what Tommy described. Im Schlatt, your neighbor. Schlatt extends a hand. Wilbur hesitantly shakes it. One he pulls his hand back he wipes it on his sweater. Schlatt rolls his eyes. How old are you?