Let it go

During this year, Jade and Frela continued on their iron man suit. Jade also worked a lot on Jarvis on her own, trying to perfect him. They don't have a lot yet, but the helmet is completely finished. They also have the lower arm and lower leg parts done, but they don't have a function yet, at least not electronic.

Jade also has been looking out for the girl she gets to see more of in the media. Whenever she shows up, the media is quick to report on it, but they don't find any new information on her. They don't know her name, where she lives, or in general anything about her, except that she was involved in the first major attack in the region since the war has ended.

The helmet with Jarvis always stays on, looking for more information about her, when there is, he shows Jade and Frela if she's there too. Samantha doesn't allow Jade to take the helmet somewhere, as she doesn't want to be robbed of something both girls worked so hard on.

Something what Jade also made was a stand to put the helmet on to charge it. The battery could last 3 days on average without a charge, which is a good amount if you realize how much the helmet, and especially Jarvis can do. Because Jarvis is now always on, he got the chance to develop a personality and does things on his own without Jade asking, but when he does, he lets Jade know to be sure it's okay with her. Jarvis is nice and helpful, extremely intelligent but not to brag about it, he mostly is like the Jarvis Tony has in the movies.

It's the 1st of august 2057 now, summer holiday for the girls. They're in Jade's room again, working on the lower limb parts of the suit. Frela on the shaping, design and color, Jade on any functionality, electric or mechanical. "Look what I did", Jade says while holding the right arm part. Frela looks at her friend "Show me". Jade presses a button on the underside and a knife blade comes out of the top pointed forward, with it having a length of 25 cm (~10 inch). "Cool right?", she says. Frela nods in agreement "Yeah it's cool, but do you really think your mom would allow that?". "She might, because of the many attacks recently she's quite worried, and well, I am too, that's why I put it in in the first place", Jade replies as she thinks about the dozen attacks which happened in the region the past months. Frela nods and shudders "Yeah it's scary, and the police still doesn't know who're doing it". "We'll be okay, Jarvis, do you have any idea who's behind the attacks?". Jade says as she turns to the helmet. "I do not", Jarvis replies "There is also no straight connection between the attacks, except that they were all drug cartels". Jade nods and turns back to Frela "See, we're not even remotely connected to that drug thing, so I'm sure we're fine". Jade's best friend nods "I guess you're right smarty".

Jade giggles "Still calling me that huh?". "Of course, we all know how smart you are", Frela says with a smile. Jade grins "We both know who the smartest in the room is". "Yeah, you of course", Frela says while giggling. Jade laughs "Not me, Jarvis is the smartest". The black haired girl laughs "He's a robot, that's cheating". "I agree with Frela, it is cheating for a machine", Jarvis says. "Yeah okay", the blond girl says. Frela puts a hand on her bestie's shoulder "You can't deny you're smart, you make a person by just typing, I doubt many people can say the same". "I am not a person", Jarvis then says, "I am an AI, Artificial Intelligence". "We see you as a person, even if you don't look like us. Right Frela?", Jade says happily. Frela quickly nods in agreement "And not just a person Jarvis, you're a good friend".

"Thank you girls", Jarvis says a few seconds later, "I see you as friends too". Both girls smile at the helmet, knowing Jarvis can see them. "You are very nice girls, especially to what I see on the internet at times", Jarvis says to them. "If someone's nice to you, you should be nice to them, that's what my parents taught me", Frela says. "Mine did too, even if that someone is a robot you created", Jade says with a giggle.

At that moment, Samantha walks in with a snack and drinks for the girls. Jade quickly presses a button on the arm part so the knife goes back in its place "Hey mom". "Hey girls, how's it going with your project?", her mom says as she puts the snacks and drinks on the desk. "Good, helmet is done and we're working on the lower arm and leg parts now", Frela informs the woman. Samantha smiles in response "Going good then I hear". "Yep", Jade says "We'll try to make everything adjustable too, so it could fit you too". Sam ruffles Jade's hair "How about you 2 first make it all for yourself, worry about others later". "Okay mom", Jade replies. Samantha then looks at the helmet "Hey Jarvis". "Hello Samantha", Jarvis replies. "How are you?", the adult woman asks. "Insert generic response of being well", Jarvis replies in a robotic voice. They all laugh and Samantha says "Really Jarvis? I know you're a robot and all but come on, I'm sure you could think of a better joke". "I made you laugh", Jarvis says with his normal voice again. "Yeah you have a point", Sam chucklily replies.