Chapter Eleven

Adams POV

I put the phone down and ran my fingers through my tangled hair, ive just had to tell jess's granparents their grandaughter is in intensive care. They were in tears, they took her to a specialist hospital in seattle last night. Im pacing the floor outside waiting for a doctor to tell me whats wrong with her, shes in theatre now I dont know what they are doing to her. I heard footsteps come round the corner as brian and roger came round the corner closely followed by my mother.

"Adam honey" she said holding her arms out as I ran into them, "ive lost her" I said as she hugged me tightly. "No you havent, the doctors can do wonders these days. What up with your voice?" she asked. "Laryngitis its getting a little better now" brian said, "why didnt you tell me you were sick" she scolded. "He hasnt had a voice for 2 or 3 days he still shouldnt be speaking" roger said, I felt like a naughty school kid getting told off for speaking in class.

I rolled my eyes as the guys smirked, "so whats going on with jess?" brian asked. "Shes in theatre theyve been in there for hours" I answered as we all sat down on the chairs. "Im sure they will let us know soon" brian mused, "yeah I should think so im going to get us tea ok" roger said standing up and disapearing in the direction of the canteen.

I looked up as a doctor came round the corner, "excuse me do you know if theres any news on jess daniels?" brian asked as the doctor stopped. "Im sorry I dont know who that is" he replied walking away, "rude guy" my mother said.

A few hours later..

A doctor walked over to us dressed in scrubs, "adam?" he asked adressing us all. I looked up "thats me how is she?" I asked standing up. "Shes in a critical yet stable condition, we had to pin her arm and stop some internal bleeding. We've put her into a medically induced coma to reduce the pressure on her brain from where she hit it on the rock so hard. Apart from that its mostly cuts and bruises, theres no damage to her neck or spine" he explained.

"Can we see her?" brian asked, "of course but she will only be able to hear you speaking" he said as we stood up and followed him. I stopped at the doorway as brian turned to look at me, "come on" he said. "I cant" I said frozen to the spot, "adam its ok you know shes still jess" brian replied. "No I have to go" I said backing away and making my way up the corridor as brian called after me.

I heard someone call my name as I spun round, my mother was standing behind me. "Brian said you ran, you know jess is still the same as she was before right?" she said. "You dont get it, it was my fault. Sauli turned up he was mouthing off, she stuck up for us. He didnt like it, she ran away because of sauli because of me" I said angrily. "Adam its not your fault, the floor gave way she slipped thats all there is to it. Theres a girl back there who needs you more than ever now, who needs to know you are there for her" she said.

"I know I need to be there for her but what if she dies? What will I do then?" I replied, "she wont die adam your overthinking this" she told me. "I cant help it" I answered quietly, "its ok to be worried adam look go and see her" she told me. "Come with me?" I asked as she nodded and took my hand, we walked back to the room as I pushed open the door.

Brian and roger looked up as I looked at jess, tubes were all over her body. Her head was bangdaged, one leg and an arm were in plaster, there was a tube in her mouth attached to machines all around her. Im guessing they were to help her breathe, her hair was crusted together in a clump. She was almost white, I fought back the urge to break down on the spot as I took her hand in mine and sat next to her.

"The next show is here in 2 days its a good thing they brought her here, means adam can be near her and be a short drive from reharsals" the bands agent said. "He doesnt have to do the shows, we arent going to make him choose over his sick girlfriend and us its not right!" brian said. "He actually does its in his contract" the agent said, "stick your contract we arent making him do them and you will just have to deal with it" roger told him.

"Stop arguing please, look i'll do the shows ok theres no need to fight" I said as everyone fell silent. "See professional, see you at rehearsals in a few days time" the agent said walking away. "You didnt have to say yes" brian said, "yes I did. Weve let the fans down before because I was ill its not happening again its not fair on them all" I said.

They didnt mention it again, I was glad they didnt. Eventually everyone left, went back to hotels and home. I stayed at the hospital as the events of the past few days crashed down on me. I glanced at jess sleeping as the overwhelming need to break down became to strong, I put my head in my hands and sobbed.