chapter 36

"But... but, I can't understand." you stuttered. You were too upset to think clearly.
"Odin banished my mother for having me?... That can't be... that can't be true." You struggled your voice full of hurt and anger.
"Dear Y/N, I'm so sorry. Asgardian laws forbids Midgardian and Asgardian union." Frigga tried to explain again. "No, I won't accept this." you grumbled and stood up. Right now you didn't want to give a damn about their stupid laws.

You walked aggressively out of Frigga's suite, Frigga behind you and trying to stop you.
You went straight back to the throne room where you found Odin, sitting on the throne Thor beside him.
"You motherfucker!" you yelled at him, making Thor to stand up immediately. You didn't care anymore, you were just too angry and upset at Odin that you didn't care about those stupid formalities.

"Y/N? What's wrong?" Thor asked and was about to come closer to you but Odin stopped him by raising his hand.

Odin stood up and came closer to you.

"How dare you?! You banished my mother, for having me! A child!" you yelled again. Everyone could hear the pain and anger in your voice.
"You told her?" Odin turned on Frigga, calmly. "I had to." Frigga replied concerned tone in her voice.

You still waited for Odin's response, and then he turned on you again.

"I didn't banish your mother for having you, I banished her for marrying Midgardian and neglecting her duties as a healer, because of him!" Odin growled at you. "But yes, you were part reason to banish her. Our laws forbids Midgardians and Asgardians children." he continued politely.
"You old fool! My mother died after you had banished her! She is dead, because you couldn't accept my mother's love for her midgardian husband and child!" you growled at him now more furious than ever.

Thor shook his head as a sign to stop but you ignored it. You could even see on his face that he was now more scared for you than ever.

"Silence! You think that midgardian stupid selfish girl like you, can just come into my kingdom and judge our laws and practices?! I did what I had to! It is your own fault that you're mother is dead!" Odin raised his voice at you very threateningly. He didn't like that you defied his throne.

You went speechless. You had insulted Odin and his kingdom. Thor looked at you shocked and so did Frigga, although she gave you that understanding look on her face as you looked at her.

"Must be better for you to go now before I banish you from Asgard as well. Although you would deserve it already." Odin continued, now calmed down.

Thor walked up to you and placed his hand on your back gently. "We should go." he told you gently as he rubbed your back a bit.
You resisted a little but then decided to leave after you had seen Frigga's look on her face. This time it told you to listen to her son and leave before Odin would do something irreversible.

You gave a final glare at Odin while Thor dragged you back to the Bifrost.

*

"That wasn't quite wise." Heimdall spoke up the second you arrived to the Bifrost. "I agree, what were you thinking?" Thor looked at you concerned.

"That I would like to know as well, darling." you heard suddenly someone behind you. You turned around and now you were looking straight at Loki's worried face while he came closer to you. He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you close to his chest. "Is everything alright my love?" he asked gently but concerned. You were surprised by his presence but still also upset and messed up.

You mumbled something like 'you were okay' or 'don't worry about me' to Loki, but of course he didn't believe you.

"It's better if we two leave now." Loki said suddenly and took your hand and teleported you two away before Thor could say a word.

*

Loki had taken you somewhere you didn't recognize. It was middle of the woods. "What is this place?" you asked, now more calmed down.
"It was supposed to be surprise when you come back from Asgard." Loki explained with hint of proud in his voice.
You couldn't help yourself, you had to smile to your hopeless romantic boyfriend.

"But that's not important right now, darling." he continued and faced you fully.
"What happened?"

You sighed heavily, you were already calmed down but still upset.

You explained Loki the whole situation of your mother being banished from Asgard to the fact that you were also part asgardian.

He looked at you little shocked first, but then his face turned into warm and gently smile. "I totally understand you my love, I would've done that myself as well. Odin is stubborn, old fool." he told you and wrapped his arms around you again, placing a soft kiss on your forehead as well. "I'm proud of you, you stood up against him, not even Thor could do that sometimes. I love you darling Y/N." he whispered and tightened his grip around you.
He had made you smile again. Although you were upset and hurted by his father, he still managed to make you smile and feel good. You loved him with every single piece of your heart and you told him that before he kissed you passionately on your lips.

"Do you want to see the surprise? We can go back to the tower as well if you aren't on the mood, love." Loki asked you gently and smirked.
"Of course I want to see the surprise!" you told him exciting tone in your voice.
Loki smiled and offered his arm and led you forwards through the woods.

You walked for awhile, until you found yourself by the lake. Loki had settled there a blanket with basket full of food.
"I thought that you might like this." Loki said and smiled at you. "Like? I love it!" you replied. You were full of joy and you've already forgot about Odin and his stupid laws.

Loki chuckled to your excitement and led you to sit down.
It was beautiful evening as the sun was setting down and the stars were showing again in the sky. Loki had made this perfect for you.

"How did you find this place?" you asked suddenly. You were curious, you didn't know that Loki knew places like this in Midgard.
"Thor helped me." he told you kindly and smiled a bit. You couldn't believe your ears. "Thor?" you chuckled. Loki nodded. "Yes, darling. He actually wanted to, after I told him about this." he replied and looked like he didn't believe it by himself either.
"And he is okay with this?" you decided to ask. You knew well what had happened between you three.
"Yes, he is darling." Loki told you and smiled gently. You leaned forwards to kiss him on his cheek.

You had a great time with Loki and he had made all of the evening perfect. It was already midnight and the stars shined brightly above you.

Suddenly Loki stood up and offered you his hand. You looked at him first curious but then took his hand and let him lead you whenever he wanted to.
You walked your hand in his, by the lake. He led you farther from your spot and then suddenly stopped. He turned on you facing you fully. He seemed little nervous.

But then he kneeled down on his leg, keeping his hand tightly in yours. You knew what he was up to and couldn't help yourself as you started smiling brightly.

"Lady Y/N, will you give me the honor to be your husband and marry me?" Loki asked, his voice full of hope and nervousness.
He pulled out a tiny box from his pocket and opened it. It was a beautiful ring, but you hadn't seen anything like it before. It was still gorgeous, though.

You looked at him a long time before answering. You were too shocked.

"Of course I will!" you told him excited and happy. Loki jumped back on his feet and took the ring out of the box.
You gave him your hand as he placed the ring in your finger. "It's made in Asgard." he explained same time as he put it in your finger.
"It's beautiful." you told him softly. Loki smiled and then leaned down to kiss you. It was long, passionate kiss.
"I love you." you whispered between your kisses.
"I love you too, darling." Loki told you and pulled you to another kiss.