The Past is just the Past

𝕴 promised Keqing that as soon as we finish eating at Xinyue Kiosk, we would take a stroll around Liyue Harbour, talking about life and maybe about the rule now that I realized we were thinking the same thing. We both could hear clearly the sounds of fishermen shouting at each other and the children playing inside the boats that were floating on the water. I find it pleasurable.

The sun continued to smile brightly at us, hitting our faces often with its blazing rays. During the small walk, I explained to her about the 'Everlasting' rule, the silly rule that was inspired by a book that Xingqiu gave me. I told her that this rule might or might not work and she would either reply to me with a nod or a hum. It was quite difficult for me to figure out how she felt, to be honest. But it's alright! Whether she thinks of it as a horrible or a good idea, I must respect it.

" In other words, I'm willing to propose this idea to President Jean and Vice President Ningguang, although I know that this might be the worst rule that anyone has gave to the school."

" I don't think it's the worst, ( Y/n ) but..." she looked down and adjusted her collar, " How could you be so confident that this is going to work? And why did you suddenly thought about making this... rule?"

I took a deep breath and chuckled softly, " I just don't like the bond between all of us. I can't consider us as friends because we barely talk to each other. To be honest, I feel like we're more considered as strangers rather than classmates themselves. To answer your first question, I never thought of that."

It took quite some time for Keqing to answer me back, and the silence made me feel tense because I knew that Keqing probably didn't like my reason much.

" I see," the purple-haired female came to a stop and turned to face me, " It really is a pleasure for me to meet you today, ( Y/n ), but I must go now. There are a few matters I have to attend to."

" I understand," I smiled.

" Thank you for today. I'll see you in a few days, I guess?" 

" Yup, when school resumes again that is. See you soon, Keqing! It was really nice meeting you."

I extended my hand for her to shake. I actually didn't want her to leave, you know? Although she's a quite reserved person, she sounds like fun... well, at least to me. So, I'm willing to know her better.

Keqing shook my hand, " Same here, it is a pleasure to meet you once again."

✎ 6 years ago12 years old

6 years ago
12 years old

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐎𝐕

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.

y/n's history with albedo