#7 Nagito x reader (angst)

I was listening to as the world caves in and I needed to write bc of it so here we go... warning I'm hella sad as I'm writing this so it's gonna be really sad too

Honestly, it will probably be better if you listen to it while reading this.

WARNINGS: SUICIDE & SELF HARM, STAY SAFE KIDDOS!

Non-despair au!

Nagito layed in bed sobbing, he couldn't get the thought of you out of his head. His cheeks were red from tear stains as all of your memories together ran through his mind, he tried to calm himself down but failed, continuing to cry his heart out. Screaming your name into his pillows as he cried and cried himself to sleep. He was wearing your hoodie, not making his sadness any better as he smelled you on the collar.

The days following were hell for him, seeing your face in class, knowing that he wasn't on your mind. The smile that danced your lips whenever he was there, Nagito was sickly jealous and didn't care who knew. He missed his shot, he was watching the love of his life fall for someone else. The thing that hurt the most was that you didn't even know how much that you meant to him, the days that he was going to end it all but stuck around because he thought you might just love him. But now all hopes of that were gone and he was a wreck. He couldn't stand to be in class after day 3, he just stayed in his dorm faking sick.

After a week he stopped caring about anything, everything just went numb for him. He would put on a mask at school and pretend to be fine, but he couldn't take it. Seeing you with him killed Nagito. In Nagito's mind, you were so much better than him, and he couldn't stand it. When he saw you kiss him all he wanted to do was punch him until he passed out. He wanted to see his blood on his hands. Nagito wanted him dead. But at this point, he wanted himself dead more than anyone else. He had cuts littered all over his arms.

After a month he stopped pretending at school, no one ever noticed him anyway so what was the point. He stopped pretending to be happy, he just stopped talking to anyone. The days started blending together as he fell more into depression. He gave up on all his schoolwork too. He figured he was going to die soon, so what was the point. He dreaded even waking up in the morning, he just wanted to sleep forever. He just wanted to escape it all. You were the only thing that went through his mind at this point, just you. Only you. He still cried every night, by now he had almost permanent tear stains on his face.

It had been 2 months and Nagito was done. He had just finished crying and decided that it was his time, he was done with living like this. He slowly got up from his bed, all of his energy gone. He walked out of his dorm and went to the stairwell. As he began to walk up his thoughts returned to you, your smile, the way you said his name. Everything about you was perfect to him and he lost you. He just wanted you back, he needed you back. He continued to walk up the stairs as his tears started flowing once again. He hugged himself as he continued to slowly walk up and up. He finally got to the roof and started dragging his feet towards the edge. When he got there he took out his phone and began to text a message to you. Letting you know its not your fault, and that's sorry for what he's about to do, and that you should try not to miss him too much and live a happy life

Your p.o.v.

You were in your room alone, and you were trying to fall asleep, but you kept on thinking of Nagito, you don't know why you manage to fall for the marshmallow-haired boy, but you did. You had broken up with your boyfriend three weeks earlier, you had told him it was because you rushed into everything, but that wasn't true, it was really because you were in love with someone else, Nagito. As if by fate, you received a message from him at that exact time. You opened it up and your eyes widened in shock, he was on the roof, planning to jump off. You ran out of your room and started sprinting towards the stairs. You didn't care that you were barefoot, you didn't care that you were in a tank top and that it was freezing. The only thing that mattered to you at the moment was saving Nagito. As you continued to run tears started streaming down your face.

Back to Nagito's p.o.v

Nagito was un-tying his shoes, the odd thing is how hard they were to undo. With Nagito's luck, he should have gotten them off easy, but this time they were tied really tightly. It took him a good three minutes to get off the first shoe. He had a song playing on loop the whole time. It was " as the world caves in" by Matt Maltese. He started singing it while thinking of you again, this time it was what you could have been together. He thought of your first date, your first kiss, proposing to you, marrying you, and so much more that could have happened if he had just told you how much he loved you. He started crying again, his sobs echoing on the roof. He just got his other shoe off and was walking to the edge

Your p.o.v again

You had just gotten to the top of the roof, and you saw Nagito walking on the edge of the roof. You ran toward him and he turned around. " Ah hello (y/n), I see you got my text, I'm sorry you have to see this" By now you were standing right in front of him. He started to lean back, right as he was about to vanish completely from sight, you grabbed his wrist and held on tight. You pulled him up onto the roof again. You were both on your knees as you hugged him and started crying into his chest. You looked up at him, tears still streaming from your face. "Why would you do that! Why would you do that to me, I love you Nagito god danmit why the fuck would you do that to me! Do you know how broken I would have been if you had died!" Nagito just stared at you, you loved him? All this time he had just wanted you, and you loved him back? His eyes pricked with tears as he grabbed your face and kissed you, you instantly kissed back. You both pulled away for air and Nagito hugged you tight, now it was his turn to cry. " l-l'm so sorry (y/n), I love you so much, I'll never do that again I promise I'm so, so sorry."

AHH I CRYED MAKING THIS FUCKKKKKKK! who do yall think (y/n)'s ex is?

Words:1154

Up next: Tenko x ftm! reader (fluff)

Have a good day you sparkling pineapples! Author-chan, out!