She knocked on the large wood door and anxiously waited for someone to answer. When she heard the door click the butterflies in her stomach were fluttering out of control. The door swung open and it was Klaus who stood on the other side shirtless— and shocked. He had a glass of bourbon in his hand and dropped it to the floor; shattering the glass.

"Hi." Adeline smiled.

"Klaus what was that?" A brunette girl asked stepping from around the corner wearing one of Klaus's shirts.

"Oh my god." Adeline scoffed, tears rising in her eyes. It was obvious what was going on here— only a week after there painful, tearful goodbye and he was hooking up with someone else.

"Adeline—" he started but she already took off headed back to her car. "Adeline!" He shouted following her outside. She still didn't listen and he sped in front of her blocking her from walking any further.

"Get out of my way Klaus!" She screamed. She was not messing with him tonight, she wanted to get as far away from him as possible. She thought her heart was shattered before, but it was nothing compared to how she felt now. She came to New Orleans to heal her broken heart— but it only got worse.

"Listen to me!" He yelled. "It's not what you think it was just a mistake."

"A mistake?" She scoffed. "The only mistake I made was leaving my friends for you!"

She stepped around him and he grabbed her wrist with force, pulling her back towards him.

"Don't walk away from me!" He growled.

"I don't take orders from you!" She screamed. "Not anymore."

She pulled her arm out of his grasp and slammed her car door as she sat down. She knew she wasn't going to drive all the way back to mystic falls tonight so she found a local bar and decided she would drink the night away, get a hotel and figure out what to do tomorrow.

****

She walked into a bar that looked like it was a pretty popular place on the strip of the French Quarter. It was packed and a live singer was performing on stage. People were dancing, drinks were flowing and it seemed like a good time. The bar was much different then the ones back home but she didn't mind that.

"Two shots of tequila please." She asked the bartender— who didn't even ask for ID before he started to pour the drinks. She would have just compelled him either way but it was nice she didn't have too.

She downed the two shots with ease and slapped her hand down on the counter as she sucked on the limes.

"Just keep them coming— like all night." She huffed and the bartender scoffed— but nodded in agreement.

"You're new here." Someone said, walking up next to Adeline. "Scotch straight up please." He told the bartender.

Adeline didn't say anything to the new comer who stood beside her, just ignored him. So he spoke to her again.

"But you're a vampire right?" He questioned and that caught her attention. She looked over at him. He was a tall muscular dark skinned smoke show. He had perfect teeth and inviting eyes. "Yeah see I knew you were one."

"I don't know what you're talking about." She lied.

"It's okay— you're free to be yourself here. Truth be told, half of us in here are vampires." He smiled.

"You included?"

"Yes me included." He laughed. "So, what brings you to my city?"

"What are you mayor or something?" She scoffed. "Your city?" Adeline wasn't in the most friendly mood.

"Something like that." He smirked.

"I came for my boyfriend — well now ex boyfriend I suppose." She pulled another shot glass to her lips and downed it, slamming the glass back on the counter.

He moved over closer to her until they were almost touching. "Whoever he is— you can do better." He whispered.

"Marcellus— it would be wise for you to take a step back from the girl." Elijah warned, he was standing behind them and both the vampires turned to him.

"Wait — do you know her?" He questioned.

"I do."

"Well I'll be damned— don't tell me your boyfriend is Elijah Mikaelson." Marcel smiled.

"Niklaus, actually." Elijah answered for Adeline before she even had a chance.

"Ex boyfriend Elijah— ex." Adeline raised her next shot glass into the air and tossed it back.

"Klaus ... and a girl?" Marcel scoffed. "You're joking right?"

Adeline was trying to tune out the two men. She didn't want to hear about Klaus right now. Of course the first person she meets in this stupid town knew the Mikaelson family. They were unescapable.

"I'm very serious which is why I caution you to be careful." Elijah warned. "Because if Klaus had walked in instead of me— well we both know how he can be."

"Yeah— I know all to well how he can be." Marcel scoffed.

Elijah stepped around Marcel and stood next to Adeline, staring her down as she took another shot then sucked the lime.

"Adeline— I think it's best if you just come with me tonight." Elijah suggested.

"I am not going to that house." She huffed. "I'm fine drinking here with— what was your name again?" She asked looking at Marcel.

"Marcel." He smirked, clearly enjoying the girls attitude towards the original.

Elijah was not amused by her antics. He just wanted to protect her— there was a lot about this city she didn't know. She didn't need to be out getting wasted her first night here.

"If you don't come willingly, I think you know I can find ways to force you." He threatened her.

"Elijah— do you ever just like relax?" She slurred. Adeline was getting more drunk with every shot she took, she couldn't take anything seriously. "Lighten up, have a drink."

"Yeah Elijah. Lighten up!" Marcel teased.

"Fine— let me just call Niklaus then." He shrugged reaching for his phone.

"No no!" Adeline surrendered. "I'll come with you — but not to that house. Do I have your word?"

"You have my word I won't take you to that house." He agreed.

"Okay fine— let's go." She huffed. "Nice to meet you Mark."

"It's Marcel!" He called after her.

"Same thing!" She shouted back as she followed Elijah out of the bar.

Marcel stared at her the whole way out with a smile on his face.

"Who was the girl?" Thierry walked up to Marcel and asked.

"Someone who's going to be pretty special around here." He smirked.

A/N okay first.... ouch my heart. Klaus is so dead to me right now. Second, we love a feisty drunk Adeline!!!😂
Anyways keep reading and voting!!!