"This... this is your car?"

"Yup."

"It's so cool. But there's only room for 2 people."

"Oh right, gimme a sec." I say and press a button. The backseats of the car come up and she literally squeals. "Hop in."

She jumps over the door (since there isn't a handle) and I drive off to the park. We make it to the park and see some of the team already there. I park the car and we get out, walking over to the other girls. I do a headcount to see who's here and who's not. It's not mandatory to be here, but it is a good idea so we could get in a little more practice.

After I do the headcount, I put my things on the bench and open up the playbook. "Ok so how about we try this play first?" I ask Ivy while pointing to the first play.

"Sounds good to me. Alright girls, get into 2 teams."

_________________

We go over plays, the rules, practice shots, and watch videos of the team we're playing. They aren't very good but they aren't too bad either. We know some of the plays they most likely will do, so we have a general idea of what to do during the game. After we practice a little more, we decide to have some fun and go get pizza and smoothies. When the day ends, I drop off Kiara and Ivy at their houses and drive myself home. I'm not going to make anything to eat considering I just ate lunch with the team.

It's already 4:00. Since I have some time to kill before I have to get ready for the game, I decide to skate around the yard. I take out my skateboard and go outside. As I walk out the front door, I see Dimitri walking to his car with his board in hand. He sees me and yells out.

"I'm going to the skate park with my friends. Wanna come?"

"Sure."

I hop into the passenger seat and we drive off to the skate park. He parks the car a little far away, so we ride our boards over to the park.

"I'm surprised you still ride." He says out loud.

"I never stopped. Whenever I wasn't driving, I was skating. It helps clear my mind."

We arrive at the park and walk over to his friends who I have yet to meet.

"Yo, Dima, who's the chick?" One of his friends ask. I keep my face neutral, not showing any emotion.

"She's my sister, so back off Kent."

"Woah dude. How come you never told us you have a sister?" Another one asks. I can see Dimitri starting to get a little uncomfortable, so I answer for him.

"I'm adopted."

They all immediately shut up about the topic. I honestly don't know why though. I get it, the topic can be sensitive for some people, but why stay hung up on the fact someone gave you away when you have an amazing family right here? Your biological family might have given you up, but they don't know what they're missing. I honestly couldn't care about my biological parents. I don't care enough to find them and ask them why they gave me up. But then again, everyone's situation is different.

We go around the skate park doing tricks and hanging out. Soon, 6:00 rolls around and I tell Dimitri that I have to get ready for the game. We say bye to his friends and make our way home. When we get home, I run upstairs to get dressed. I change out of my Adidas sweats and into my basketball shorts and a pair of regular black sweats, my jersey, my team hoodie that we received not too long ago, and a pair of black slides. I put my hair into two French braids.

 I put my hair into two French braids