She pushed her weight down on the bag and then zipped it shut. She was ready to go—the only thing left to do was to go say goodbye to her friends.

"I have to go tell them." She breathed.

"Can't you just send them a text?" he teased; he knew she would never do that to her friends. Adeline glared at the hybrid which made him laugh. "Alright but make it quick." He caved.

"Okay, I'll try to hurry and then—" she started.

"And then you're all mine." He interrupted, she smirked and gave him a kiss on the cheek before leaving for the Salvatore house.

****

She let herself into the Salvatore house, walking into the living room to join the brothers who were sitting the fire having a drink. Adeline immediately noticed the blood on Stefan's shirt and how he looked like shit.

"What happened to you?" she questioned.

"Klaus happened." Damon laughed under his breath, taking another sip of the bourbon. "I told him he needs a little human blood—can't heal quick enough just sipping on the bunnies."

"Klaus was here?" she asked with wide eyes.

"Yep, but don't worry—he let me live." Stefan scoffed with sarcasm and downed the remainder of the drink in his hand. Adeline was mad he came over here and hurt Stefan, but she also knew she couldn't actually expect him to do nothing. I guess it was progress that he didn't just kill him anyways.

"That's what you get for messing with another man's girl." Damon scoffed. The irony behind that statement was just too much for Adeline to handle, she laughed under her breath.

"You're one to talk." Stefan snarled.

"Touché" Damon shook his head and smiled.

Adeline decided it was best if she talked to Elena first—the boys, mainly Stefan were clearly not in the best frame of mind right now. She decided it would be best to start with Elena, giving Stefan a little time to cool off.

"Is Elena still upstairs?" Adeline questioned.

"Yeah—same place you left her a few hours ago." Damon teased. Addy rolled her eyes and went upstairs to find her friend.

Elena was sitting up on the bed and it looked like she was reading through some of her old journals.

"You're back!" Elena smiled at her friend as she walked into the room.

"I'm back." She nodded. "What are you doing?"

Elena patted the spot next to her on the bed, gesturing for her friend to come sit by her—so Adeline did. Before Elena could show her, Bonnie and Caroline knocked on the bedroom door and let themselves in.

"No way." Bonnie smiled. "Is this a good old fashioned slumber party?"

"Oh my gosh you guys!" Caroline squealed "We haven't done one of these in forever!"

"It can be—if you guys want!" Elena smiled. "It would be nice to be surrounded by my girls—with everything that's happened the last few days."

"What—nothing majored has happened." Bonnie teased.

The other two girls joined them on the bed and Adeline felt a lump grow in her throat—she loved her friends so much and this was going to be much harder than she thought.

"So, what do you have there anyways?" Adeline questioned, gesturing to the journal in Elena's hand.

"One of my old Diaries actually." She admitted. "I was just doing a little reminiscing of simpler times."