"This one that RBA wants to do sports just few days to exam, when it's not even inter house sports, I don't grab o," Fred said. "They'll just be shocking someone anyhow."

Fred was one of the few guys at RBA who did not take part in sports, as in, no sports at all. Not even football.

"Abi. Who invented sports sef?" I asked agreeing with him 'cause I did no sports either. I could not kick a ball to save my life.

"Both of you are just lazy," Ninu commented stretching and then bending forward, trying to touch her toes and could not.

"Ninuola, you're doing it wrong," Joy told her with a smile and tried to show her the correct way.

Ninu stood straight to look at her and there was something in her eyes and the way she looked at Joy. I could not place it but I knew it was just there.

"Thanks...Joy," Ninu said hesitantly. She tried bending again, following what Joy had told her and she finally touched her toes.

"Praise the Lord o! I need to do testimony/ thanksgiving in church on Sunday because my best friend's back is no longer stiff!" Fred shouted and we all burst out laughing, except Ninu who glared hard at him.

"I don't blame you Fred, it's because the functioning of your brain is equal to instability of NEPA and they have not kuku returned power that's why your brain is malfunctioning!"

Jesus!

If we laughed before, we laughed harder when Ninu opened her mouth to say that.

"Ninu now, be nice to poor Fred na," I said in between laughs and put my arm around him.

"Nice ko, D Banj ni." She hissed. Fred just proceeded to give her the middle finger and she stuck her tongue out at him.

They had the weirdest kind of friendship.

"What'd I miss peeps?" Jeremy asked he jogged towards us with his ever-goofy smile. "Hey Joy-Anne." He put an arm around her and she shrugged it off and elbowed him in his side.

"Clearly, it's only Joy you missed oh," I said smiling.

"And it's not like you did not see her this morning on the assembly," Bolu added and then hissed.

"What's with girls and violence these days, abeg?" He winced and rubbed his side.

I laughed. "It's like the fork she put on your butt the other day was not enough for you abi?"

"Ah...I live to experience more of those." He smiled and turned to wink at Joy― she elbowed him again...harder this time. "O-ouch!"

"Wahala!" Bolu shouted.

"Be like what?" I asked.

"E be like bicycle." Fred completed mimicking a bicycle rider.

"He always asks for it," Joy said with a shrug, flicking her long hair.

We just laughed again.

"Aren't you prefects meant to be helping over there with the students?" Joy asked looking between Ninu and me and then directing her gaze to where the head boy and head girl, with some other prefects, were controlling our juniors.

"Abeg jhor, no be me behead Paul. Some children are demons. Let the senior prefects handle it, they're doing a great job, as it were," Ninu replied. I smiled and shook my head at her.

I directed my gaze to where the students were. They were already arranged according to their classes and houses on the field.

Ayo was with the sports and labor prefects, helping them bring all the needed equipment to the field. My gaze lingered on him for a while before I heard a throat clear beside me. I turned to look at the person.