15 | Ship in a Bottle

Mulai dari awal

The urgency in her eyes made me want to confess my deepest and darkest secrets. But my self-preservation knew better.

I opened my mouth to lie but fortunately didn't have to because the fire marshall's started to usher people inside. Sophia and I dropped our hands away from each other as people began pushing against us to get to the doors.

As we moved with the crowd, I glanced over at Sophia to make sure I hadn't lost her. I saw her expression had returned back to the somber one it was earlier.

The ache that reverberated through my chest was too much to bear. The disarray was wild enough to where I deemed it safe enough to grab Sophia's hand in mine.

I would have done it even if it wasn't safe; her smile was worth it.

"How'd you find me anyway?" Sophia asked, swinging our hands back and forth.

"There was this girl, Gabby Perez. She was the one who pulled the fire alarm," I admitted sheepishly. I thought that Sophia would be upset with me for doing something so stupid, but if anything she was delighted.

"Gabby?! I love her! I'm surprised she only pulled the fire alarm." Sophia chuckled with a shake of her head. Why am I not surprised they already know each other?

"Do you have any normal friends?" I joked, knocking shoulders with her. And just as they were mentioned, Chris and Seth's backs appeared in front of us. Sophia's mouth curled with mischief before she sprinted towards them, and sprung herself onto Drake's back.

"Surprise!" Sophia cackled as Drake struggled to hold on to her.

"Look, Sophia," Drake grunted, still searching for her legs, "As much as you and Seth want to believe it, jumping on someone's back is not the way to greet them."

"Sure it is!" Seth exclaimed, running over to me with open arms. I gave him a pointed look and took a few steps backward. He shouldn't do that if he knows what's good for him.

"Sophia, I don't know why you like Avery. She's no fun." Seth grumbled, pouting like a toddler.

I punched him mostly because he was being too loud, but also because he was being rude.

Seth yelped dramatically before walking over to Drake with an expectant look in his eyes.

"What do you want me to do?" Drake asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Carry me to my class. Duh." Seth claimed with his hands on his hips.

"Do I look like a pack mule to you?" Drake asked incredulously. Seth smirked at Drake, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Carry me, or I'm telling Ethan." Seth threatened, and we watch Drake go pale. Blackmail: The only way to get what you want.

Drake exhaled a defeated sigh before opening his arms for Seth. Seth grinned cheekily, before jumping onto Drake.

We were able to walk down the hallway for a few moments before an angry roar stopped us in our tracks.

"Sophia!" Chris growled as he shoved past people to get to us. I had long before hid behind Drake. I was all too familiar with that voice and that tone.

Seth slid out of Drake's arms, turning towards Seth defensively. Sophia made no move to remove herself from Drake's back, but it was clear her mood has soured.

"What do you want?" Sophia drawled, not even bothering to look at Chris.

"Is this who you left me for? Drake Weston?!" Chris fumed, pointing an angry finger at Drake.