5 | Motion Sickness

"I keep running around and all I want to do is lay motionless" - Motion Sickness

-

My heart dropped into my stomach and immediately shook my head at her.

This was not what was supposed to happen. She was supposed to wake up, laugh about it and text Chris to remind him how much she loves being with him. I was more willing to accept the universe where she woke up and hated me for making her doubt herself. This was possibly the worst thing that could've happened.

"Sophia maybe you-"

"Avery you can't try and talk me out of this. I went to sleep, like you said, and when I woke up in the middle of the night all I could think about was that kiss." She whispered tears welling in her eyes.

This had to be some joke. Maybe she told Chris and he told her to pretend that she was bisexual as a part of one big, sick joke.

I stared at Sophia's face for awhile, looking for confirmation of my theory. However when I found nothing, a sigh left my chest.

Unfortunately, even if it was a joke, I couldn't watch Sophia cry; real or fake tears.

I grabbed her arm and dragged her to the nearest supply closet closing the door behind.

"Sophia, are you sure?" I asked her slowly.

She nodded in an exhausted manner, and plopped herself onto the floor. I followed her motions and sat in front of her. Of course she would say no. Everything my brain tells this girl to do, she does the opposite.

Sophia watched me closely, as if she were waiting for me to say something more. However, I didn't really have a plan ready because I didn't think that this would happen. Because Sophia is straight.

"Sophia do you still like Chris?" Bringing up Chris was the easiest way for me to keep my mind clear and Sophia focused on the fact that she was already in a very loving relationship. No matter how awful the other person is.

"Of course Avery. He's my boyfriend." She said, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Exactly. You-"

"But there's also this wonderful thing called being bisexual which is exactly what you are. So I don't understand why you're pushing back on this!" She yelled throwing her hands in the air. "I know how that kiss felt Avery. I know that I want to do it again."

So much for staying focused.

I cleared my throat and ducked my head to hide my blush. "Sophia, Chris-"

This time the bell rang and cut me off. We shared looks for awhile, before standing up from the floor.

"We are talking about this later Leon!" Sophia declared, before strutting out of the closet.

I watched her with an amused smile and my head shaking in disbelief. I sure do have amazing taste.

Δ

I got to gym late, per usual. The girls in my class don't really appreciate having to share a locker room with me and I don't appreciate being sneered at. Therefore, i've taken it upon myself to come late so that I could get the locker to myself. It worked out for the most part. If you ignore the fact that my gym teacher is evil.

I quickly locked my locker with both of my locks and quietly snuck into the gym. Everyone was currently stretching, so I did my best to sneaker into the bleachers while coach was distracted.

"Leon, where do you think you're going!?" A voice bellowed and I groaned turning around. Coach stood in the middle of the field, with an angry red face and her hands on her hips. I slowly walked over to her as the rest of the class snickered behind her during their stretches.

"First you show up late, then you try to hide?" She asked me angrily making me roll my eyes at the ground. I would've been successful if you were on your phone for five more seconds.

I stayed quiet in response which probably made her even more upset.

There was a huff above me and fading footsteps. "10 laps!" She ordered making me pale slightly. 10 laps on an empty stomach and healing wounds? Totally a piece of cake.

I slowly walked outside with the rest of the group, heading towards the football field. I looked around to see if the coach was watching, planning to make another escape attempt. But her eyes were staring right back at me and she nodded towards the football field.

My first two laps were fine, but by the fifth one I could feel my body started to give out. I was mildly fit because Zach made me take classes to defend myself, but cardio is an entire different story.

Once I reached my seventh lap, my head began to spin and I fell to my knees taking heavy pants.

"Leon what are you doing!" Coach yelled and I groaned covering my ears.

My head pounded and my stomach began to feel nauseous. I laid flat on my back, closed my eyes and took deep breaths. Before I knew it, everything went black.