Parenting

Bruce stays standing in the corner of the large catering hall. The high ceiling and echoing walls remain intimidating enough on their own without the presence of a million people. With his elbow on the table his focus stays low. The introverted scientist fidgets with a long stemmed glass between his fingers, twisting the base a consistent 30 degrees every two seconds. Banner has memorized the count of each teardrop shaped crystal in the centerpieces and exactly how long a dash to the emergency exit would take.

Bruce tugs at his tie when he sees Svetlana coming up from the back.

Stark waves and stands up taller to greet his invited company, "Lana!"

Banner wastes no time in gripping his friend's arm, "What are the Mikhailovs doing here."

The engineer brushes off his uptight companion, "You had open plus one. And Izabella is a nerd like us so she's going to love the convention. I thought we could inspire these kids- What? Nerves getting the best of you?"

"I don't like answering questions about Natasha when she's on missions. You know I can't keep a secret and Svetlana loves to push-."

"Vrach!," Izabella hugs Banner from the side, his eyes still glaring at Tony.

Brody greets the physicist next with a fist bump. Svetlana looks around the room;

"Where Natasha? Off again?"

"Yeah-."

"Where?"

"Mexico...er. Maybe."

"Why?"

"I...can't really talk about it."

"What the job now?"

Bruce gives Tony a look who wraps an arm around his shoulder when he whispers, "Point taken- We! Should get back stage."

"Hey,' Pepper gives Tony a kiss, 'Good luck!"

Brody gives Antonia a high-five, the young girl excited when Izabella lowers herself to Anna's level;

"I love you dress. Can I get hugs?"

Antonia eagerly complies, ready to chat up a storm with her young friend. Brody taps her shoulder, "Anna! What color is Izzy's dress? Do you know what color that is?"

Izabella opens her mouth, her eyes wide, "What is cousin Brody saying?"

Antonia moves to hug Izabella again, "Pu'ple."

"Purple," Brody corrects.

"Pu'ple,' the girl reaches for Izabella's hand, giddy for what she usually interprets as a magic trick, 'You do it!"

"Not now, Antonia. We can go watch Mr. Stark and Vrach," the older girl reaches to take Antonia's hand and Brody reaches for the other, leading their friend inside of the auditorium.

Bruce is shaking on the inside when he steps out on stage with Tony beside him. Stark has his presentation memorized but his antics and jokes are what gets the most audience interactions. He's quite comfortable in the spotlight- which is no surprise to anyone.

Banner looks out at the audience with a nervous grin. His eyes catch a small thumbs up from Izabella, giddy to see her mentor's accomplishments. Her smile takes away the stress. Without Natasha around, it feels good to know he still has a support system. This kid believes in him, looks up to him and only ever sees the good. And he wants her to be proud of him.

Bruce ignores the audience and flows through his script flawlessly as Tony's assistant, much calmer as the presentation continues.

Izabella trails him afterward, eager to explore the same vendors he is. Even through her broken English she has similar questions, the twosome practically sharing the same brain cell when it comes to anything science.