Chapter 10

Luca's POV
Courtney just finished a case that she was working on and that she was free. I texted back that I can't wait to see her again. "Who you texting Luca?" Chris asked as she walked out of the locker room. "Courtney the thing she was working on just finished and wanted to know if I could get lunch." I said. "Hey if you want to invite her over to S.W.A.T I would be happy to help you set something up." She said hinting at the fact that she wanted to check her out in a way. "Haha nice try I'll just have her come over to my place for dinner where there's more privacy." I said. "You really don't want her to meet us do you?" Tan asked popping up out of nowhere. "Not just yet we agreed to take things slow." I said. "Ok fair enough, but if this gets any more serious you know you're going to have to introduce her to us right?" Chris said. "Yes it's not like I'm hiding her from you we both just want to take things slow." I said as Deacon came in and said that Hondo wanted to see us. I texted Courtney telling her that I couldn't make lunch but I was free if she wanted to do dinner and she texted back yes. We saw both Hondo and Hicks in the briefing area and neither one of them looked happy. "Hey what's the big emergency?" I asked. Neither one of them said anything they just put something up on the screen and what popped up made my blood run cold.

Courtney's POV
Luca couldn't make lunch so we decided to do dinner. "Hey any plans?" Riley asked as she walked up to me. "Not until dinner." I said. "Dinner with Luca." She said. "Ya." I said. "Sounds fun, How about we grab lunch then?" She asked. "That would be great, don't get me wrong I love Mac and Jack but I need some girl time." I said making both of us laugh a little. "Ok then let's get going." She said. "Hey I know this great little diner that serves some great chicken fried steak." I said. "Sounds good to me." She replied. We both headed to Wendy's place. It didn't take us long to get there or for Riley to ask me how I found this place. "I was out for a run and I got hungry so I decided to find a place that serves some good breakfast for a decent price and this was at the top of the list so I decided to try it." I said. "And that had you coming back for breakfast lunch and dinner." Riley said kind of smartly. "Usually when I'm craving some home comforts or we finish a case that's tough for me." I said. She just shook her head and that's in the waitress came up and asked what we wanted to order where I was heading to Lucas for dinner I just decided to get a burger and fries Riley ordered the chicken fried steak. We continued to talk about everything we could think of she asked me how things were going with Luca and the 118 and I asked her how things were going with her. Our lunch arrived moments later and then I got a frantic call from Luca.

Sorry it took me so long to update I have been dealing with some family issues.