Chapter 3

Rehearsals this week have been absolutely gruelling, we haven't stopped we're on a constant loop of playing our set until it's perfect, Alex is adamant that we will not leave until it sounds absolutely perfect, Monday's rehearsal wasn't so bad we basically chose all the songs for our set adding in a couple different ones than usual just to spice it up a bit, we then started playing and we didn't leave until gone 7pm since Alex started freaking out saying that we weren't going to be ready in time. 

Tuesday was worse than Monday, I was very rudely woken up to my phone buzzing with 10 missed calls from Alex at 6:30 in the morning, when he then rung me again for the eleventh time I answered and snapped at him since I was so tired asking what was wrong he told me to be at our rehearsal space at 8 to start the day, yeah I wasn't very happy with him neither were Sammy or Oscar. We then then finished Tuesday off around 6pm since we all wouldn't stop complaining to Alex for keeping us for so long so he let us go, we had been playing consecutively for a good 9 hours that day having short 10 minute breaks in between. Wednesday and Thursday were no better same routine as Tuesday, I felt exhausted getting into bed last night, the longing I felt to be able to just run and jump into bed was unreal. 

And here we are now Friday the day before our gig I still feel extremely tired but it turns out Alex is gonna be nice to us today and let us go a little earlier so we can get a good nights sleep, I have never seen Alex so stressed in my life, he's crazy when he's stressed so I wouldn't want to piss him off when he's stressed otherwise he'd probably bite my head off. The only time Alex usually gets stressed is when one of us is running late for a gig or we miss a day of practice but this week has been a whole new level it's kind of scary.

As we're packing up I look over at Sammy, she looks quite pale and tired I stand from my seated position on the floor from where I was packing up my kit and walk over to her. "Hey Sammy, you okay? your looking kind of pale are you gonna be sick?" I ask worriedly 

She looks up at me "Huh? Oh no no I'm fine I am absolutely knackered though, I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up falling asleep in my car in the car park" she says jokingly

"I feel the same" I laugh "I've never felt more tired in my life, are you sure your okay though? you really don't look well" 

"Yeah I'm okay I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow, just gotta go home and do what Alex said and have a good nights sleep" she says the last part as she yawns

"Okay if your sure" I say with a shrug, if I'm being honest I don't really believe her but I don't to push her, I could be wrong and she could just be like she said tired but I just have this feeling that I'm right. I walk back over to my kit and finish packing up ready to set up in the club tomorrow, if there's one thing I hate about moving around to play different bars and clubs it's the fact that we all have to take our instruments with us me with my drum kit, Alex and Oscar with their guitar and bass and amps plus the microphones and stands and then theirs Sammy with her keys, it's a lot to get around luckily we have a little van that we use to transport the instruments from place to place it's Oscars dads van he used to use it for his work but he doesn't need it any more so he lent it to the band and it's been very useful. 

Once I finished packing up I moved my kit to the van ready for Oscar to drive to the club tomorrow, I then walk over to my car it's pretty decent it was a gift for my 17th birthday, I have a white Citroen C1 it does need to go in for a clean but other than that it's in really good condition. I slide in the drivers seat and put the key into the ignition and just before I pull out of the car park I decide to put on some music, I've really been into P!nk quite recently like I've always enjoyed her music but over the past couple of weeks I've been playing her songs non stop, I go through these phases of loving certain artists for a small amount of time until I get bored and move onto the next.  Her new album The Truth About Love came out last week and it's brilliant so this is what I listen to on my way home.