Chapter 1

Ever since I was a little girl I've always wanted to pursue my dreams of becoming a professional drummer, but then I got to the age where I had to seriously start thinking about what I wanted to do with my life which involved picking my GCSE's and my A-Levels. Which resulted in my dreams being pushed aside as I was constantly told that my dreams were not realistic, it was always my teachers or other family members telling me that my dream wouldn't get me far, my parents were the opposite though they supported me through whatever I wanted to pursue. I then made the choice of attending university too get a degree in English Literature, I thoroughly enjoy reading and writing poems along with reading world famous novels, however I still wasn't happy I felt like I was doing it too please everyone else but my self so after my first year I dropped out. 

I always ask myself did I make the right decision by dropping out? But then also say to myself that I've never felt more happy than I do now, living in a small flat in London playing in a band with some of the most amazing people. I haven't known them long since I only moved too London four months ago but I felt very grateful when I found them. 

There's Samantha or as we call her Sammy, she hates being called Samantha so if we really want to piss her off then we just use her full name. Sammy plays keys, she's extremely talented at what she does. She's your typical if you mess with me I'll beat your ass kind of girl but sometimes I think it's all just a facade as once you get to know her she has the kindest heart. Next up we have Alex, Alex is our leading man who does vocals and also plays guitar, Alex is an incredible guy, he's really funny just always looking for a good time, he and his boyfriend Joe are the cutest couple to grace the earth, whenever I see them being all cute together it feels like my heart is going to burst.  Then on bass we have Oscar, he's your typical ladies man, whenever we play a bar or especially sometimes on the odd occasion when we play clubs as soon as the show is over he's looking for his fun for the rest of the night.  Don't get me wrong he's a great guy but I wouldn't surprised if he had multiple kids walking around without him even knowing. 

So there we have it that's our little band, we're called " The Devils Angels" yeah I know, pretty shit right? Oscar thought it would be an "amazing" band name to catch all the ladies, I swear he's the biggest pervert I know. 

Anyway we mainly play in bars as we get better pay from working in popular bars across the city, considering we only started playing about two months ago we're doing pretty well so far. I got introduced to the band when I bumped into Alex by mistake in Tesco, we kind of just collided with each other I honestly couldn't explain it. We both can be quite clumsy,  well after our collision Alex began apologising continuously until i reassured him that it was a okay and no harm was done, I felt kind of awkward in this situation as Alex just struck a conversation with me instead of him just walking away like I thought he would. So I awkwardly tried my best to indulge into the conversation, I soon eased up as I saw how easy going Alex was, we eventually got on too the topic of how he was in a band however they couldn't really play as they had no drummer. Knowing in that moment that I wanted to pursue being a drummer this was like a door opener for me but I still felt incredibly nervous about mentioning it too Alex, I decided to push my nerves aside and tell him that I could help him out. He was over the moon when I told him.

Soon enough I started meeting up with the band as a whole i felt quite uncomfortable at the start not really knowing what to do with myself as I was the odd one out in the group while the rest of them seemed like they had known each other their whole lives, but Sammy was nice enough to help me come out of my shell a bit.

I'm quite close with the whole band but I'm the closest with Sammy, it's just a girl thing you know and also because she was the one who helped me when we all started playing together. she's become my best friend since moving to London. However that doesn't mean I  have forgotten the people I left behind, my best friend Natalie is currently studying at Edinburgh university to become a doctor it was always her dream to study there and become a doctor, I'm so incredibly proud of her and I'm happy that she's living out her dream.