marquez brothers.

Start from the beginning

"I'm fine, a bit sore. Come back here." He looked over to me and saw that I was picking out a shirt for myself, "You look fine like that," He said in a sing-songy voice and I felt my cheeks heat up a bit. I closed the drawer and lay back against him, still in just my plain black bra and loose trousers.

I sat atop of him and looked over the scars on his body. I began to trace my fingers over each of them, my other hand lingering against his cheek. I absolutely hated how he got them, but I wanted to make light of the situation in a way and he seemer happy that I was touching him. He stared into my eyes as I reached the last scar just where his trousers were.

"You're beautiful." I admitted and I could see a tiny blush patterning his cheeks, "There's something about you, Mattheo, I just don't understand it. You're a complete arsehole at times but now, right at this moment, I can't remember anything that happened in the past. All I can think about is how stupid I was for letting Brandon do that shit to you and your...beauty." I stopped then leaned down against him. He seemed to be lost for words.

"You're not stupid." He murmured, putting his hand on my cheek, "There's something about you too."

I dipped down, placing my lips against his scarred body and kissed each of his scars. His fingers wrapped around my hair as I kissed each and everyone, keeping my eyes on his as I did.

My lips stopped at the belt of his trousers and I anxiously looked up at him then began to undo the belt. I felt his hand move to mine and stopped me from undoing it.

"Not now, my love." He assured and I felt somewhat embarrassed at my intentions, "Don't be embarrassed. Believe me, I want to too but not right now."

He intertwined our fingers then picked me up and placed me beside him. I shyly put my hands against his chest and he kissed me forehead, then nose, then lips. He suddenly fell asleep and I closed my eyes too, trying to fall asleep cradled by the mixed warmth of our bodies.

I opened my eyes to see Mattheo picking out clothes from my drawer in just his boxers. He turned to see me awake and pecked my cheek, smirking profoundly.

"What are you so happy about?" I teased and sat up on the bed.

"Nothing. Can I use your shower?"

"Of course." I awkwardly kept my eyes on his, knowing that he was just in boxers. He could tell. And I could tell that he was trying not to look down at my bra.

He tutted then walked away into the ensuite and I went over to the window which was slightly open.

I had a nice view of the garden and the houses on the opposite side of the road. There were a few birds in the distance and Beacon the robin was back, flying by my window. The shower turned on in the other room.

I opened the window for him to enter and he flew inside, dropping onto my hand. I checked his belly and there was now a tiny scar left. I petted him softly and he cooed into my touch.

I heard the shower turn off then Mattheo came out of the bathroom in just grey sweatpants. His shirt was off, his body covered with tiny water droplets and his hair wet. I couldn't stop myself from gawking and he met my gaze, biting his lip. He then looked down at the small robin in my hands and laughed.

"Who's this?" He asked, sitting by me, he smelt like me which I found strange but I kind of liked it. He gave me a weird look as I was completely lost for words, still staring at his perfect body, "Hello?"

"Oh- This is a friend of mine. He's called Beacon." I held him up for Mattheo to see and he held him, "He reminds me of you in a way."

I turned the bird over in his hand so that he could see the scar and finally realised what the universe was telling me. It was telling me that bad things would happen when I gave Mattheo to Brandon, but I would help him. Beacon was a sign of hope, that's why I called him that.