humiliation.

Today felt strange, as if something bad was going to happen

Today felt strange, as if something bad was going to happen. A sudden intake of fear washed over me, fear for this little game I thought nothing of, but could cost me my life.

Nothing special happened at dinner, my friends already seemed worried for me which made everything even worse. I knew it was going to happen soon, this game of his. But I can't back down, I can't give up now. I'm going to win this game, somehow. Even at dinner I felt like they were talking about me, the elites. They were planning waht they were going to do, something so humiliating that no one who want to speak to me, I would want to leave the school because of it.

I entered the common room, alone. I had left the hall as i didn't want to be around them, I felt somewhat overwhelmed by how everyone kept speaking about me. Maybe I was just being paranoid, maybe it was just my fear getting the better of me, making everything feel worse.

I sat down on the green sofa, letting myself sink into the comfy leather. No one was in the common room at the moment, well every student was in the main hall. I sat there for a few moments, questioning things, asking myself questions that I wanted to be answered.

I tried to push the questions out of my mind, for them to be vanished completely. But they stayed there, making me sink further and further in the chair. Making me want to have someone wrapping their arms around me, a mother. That's what I need right now.

As I lay my head back, a boy entered. He came over to me, his eyes full of pity and sorrow, his lips curved downwards. He ran up to me and I figured it was my brother, cedric. I had told him the password for the common room so that he could visit me, well he asked me for it incase something happened to me, being the protective brother he is.

"Hi, Ced," I muttered as he sat next to me, pulling me into the warmth of his chest, his arms wrapping around my meek body. I felt guilty after what I said to cedric, all he wants is for me be to my safe, I was taking it for granted.

"I'm worried about you, Clover. I want you to tell me everything, I want you to trust me and be honest with me. I only want to help you and protect you, I am your brother after all." He said, tucking my hair behind my ear. A single tear dropped onto his finger, I felt that much more would be coming out soon.

"I'm scared, ced. I just feel out of place here, like I'm different to everyone else, which I am."

He wrapped his arms around me even tighter, wiping the small tears falling down my cheeks. "what's wrong with being different to everyone else. It's better to be different than normal don't you think?"

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I mumbled, crying into his chest. Each tear draining the pain out of my body. Each drop pushing away those questions a little further. But that pain will always be there, those questions will always be left unanswered. Unless somehow I find out who I am, it has to happen someday. Someone must know who my parents are. I will never just be 'Clover diggory'.