Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

"Could someone kill him again, please?" Stiles cut in, and Peter frowned as he looked to the boy annoyed. Hayley too was frowning but for a completely different reason. There was something about the plan which didn't make sense to her.

"Derek, seriously? Not worth the risk." Peter sighed out.

"What about you?" Derek asked, looking over to Scott but Stiles misinterpreted it thinking he was looking over to him.

"Yeah, if you want me to come..." Stiles muttered, and Derek glanced at him still irritated by him.

"Not you."

"...Got it."

Scott sighed as he thought about it. Hayley had stopped listening as she was still trying to work out what was going on. "I don't know about Erica... But, if Boyd's alive, we have to do something. We have to try," Scott explained, and Derek frowned knowing something else was going to be said.

"But...?"

"Who's the other girl? The one locked in there with Boyd?"

It was silent for a few seconds before finally the part of the plan that was wrong clicked inside Hayley's head. It felt more obvious to her now.

"Wait, hold on," she cut in, holding up her hand to bring the attention to herself, "I'm missing something more important than a mystery wolf here." They all looked to her waiting to hear the greatest and most important flaw with their plan. "What's wrong with the door?"

Seeing the looks they were giving her she sighed, but wasn't able to defend herself as Stiles began spluttering out. "Wh-what?" He asked, "t-the door? Y-you want us to use the do-..." He began, causing her to roll her eyes out of their lack of intelligence on this important point.

"No, no, no, right okay let's think about this logically. These alpha's are meant to be super strong and super tough so I'm almost positive that they aren't crawling through a pipe-"

"A vent." Stiles corrected.

"Yes, I can imagine an entire alpha pack one of which is blind and two of which are concerningly muscular sixteen year olds - If it weren't for the supernatural I'd be concerned about how many steroids they're on by the way - jumping down vents everyday." She said. "Just because you're doing unbelievable fighting crime shit every day does not mean that you are so uncivilised that you can't use a door."

"You just don't get it-" Stiles began, this had simply become a battle between Stiles who wanted to do the extravagant way and Hayley who wanted to use the door.

"I don't get why being part dog doesn't mean you can't use a door?" She asked, "you're right. I don't. Use the damn door."

They didn't use the door.

It had barely been an hour later when Stiles was left pacing back and forth throughout the loft. Peter had changed positions so he was no longer sat on the stairs but instead on the sofa and Hayley had gotten up but only to grab onto a cake which she was no indulging in on the sofa.

"Shouldn't you be eating more healthy," Peter warned, and she looked up to him annoyed.

"My bodies already ruined and gone to hell. I may as well enjoy myself," she pointed out, pointing her fork to him in warning for him to mind his own business before she returned back to enjoying herself. It was also a way to relieve stress - through eating cake.

"I can't take waiting around like this, you know? It's nerve-wracking. My nerves are wracked. They're severely wracked. Wracked!" Stiles finally snapped, as he was still pacing back and forth in the room.