Chapter Forty-Two

Staring down at the boy who was bound in rope and duct tape, she tried to understand why Scott had chosen to throw him in a bathtub. Pressing her lips together she turned around to look at both Scott and Stiles who walked into the bathroom behind her with Stiles bouncing Talia who had almost started crying at her shout but thankfully did not.

"You can't kidnap a kid and toss him into the bath!" She pointed out, and Stiles nodded in agreement.

"This is why I make the plans," he said, and she nodded in agreement.

"Well, what are you two still doing standing there get him out!" She ordered as she plucked Talia from Stiles' arms and she headed back into the bedroom as the two boys did as told.

Staring at the boy who was taped to a chair, she tried to think of how this had happened. How her life had come to a point where she was looking at a boy who was tied to a chair with duct tape and had a piece of duct tape across his mouth - all in her little brother's room. Another point being she had a child on her hip as she was doing it.

"Liam, we're going to take the tape off your mouth. If you scream, it goes right back on. If you talk quietly, it stays off. Got it?" Stiles said, and Liam nodded slowly, "Okay." He stepped forward pulling the tape away from his mouth, "okay, Liam... Now, you've seen a lot of confusing things tonight. And more confusing things are going to happen because of the confusing things that happened tonight. Do you understand?"

Both Hayley and Scott looked over to him confused trying to work out what he was going to say, "not really..." Liam admitted.

"Good. That's good," Liam assured.

"I don't understand, either..." Scott added on.

"Yeah, neither do I," Hayley confirmed. Stiles looked between them confused before scoffing.

"Maybe you should tell him."

"Tell me what?"

"God, we're going to jail," Hayley muttered turning away from the three boys for a moment as she took a breath. This was something they needed Derek for or Peter for - people with experience.

"Liam... What happened to you... what I did to you... which I had to do to save you? It's going to change you..." Scott trailed off trying to find the correct words to say.

"Unless it kills you," Stiles interrupted, and both McCalls look at him horrified whilst Liam's face became filled with fear, "...shouldn't have said that."

"What?!" Liam snapped.

"Are you an idiot?" Hayley hissed as she looked over to Stiles confused, "you don't tell someone they could die. We're not doctors we don't have to do that," she pointed out, "especially not to a sixteen-year-old boy."

"Fifteen."

"Oh, wow. Even better then," Hayley scoffed.

Hearing sniffling they both turned to look at Liam to see tears beginning to fall down his cheeks and they both froze. "Uh... Uh-oh. Oh-oh... Is he... Is he crying?" Stiles asked before he looked to Hayley, "you're the mother!"

"I don't know how to help a crying teen I can barely stop Talia from crying," she reminded, and Stiles scoffed before Hayley plastered a smile on her face, "look, Liam right? You're not going to die and I understand everything that is going on is confusing to you because these twits haven't done a good job at explaining anything, but just know that you're going to be okay. I mean really... I feel like statistically speaking we're done with main character deaths," she admitted looking back to them, "unless Argent dies or something... would you class him as having a key role in our life right now?"