Chapter 12

(Imala's POV)

I returned back to Jujutsu Tech after my morning run. Currently, it was 9 in the morning. I was on my way to my room, trying my best to hide from Fushiguro and the rest. Yeah, no.

"Salmon." I halted my moves and looked over my shoulder. Inumaki was standing there. He waved at me.

"Morning." I waved back. He nodded his head.

"Kelp."

"You guys are training, right?" I asked as I turned my whole body towards him. He nodded again while walking toward me. From the corner of my eye, I could see Fushiguro approaching.

"Well, I'll be on my way." I backed away from Inumaki. I was about to turn around but he stopped me.

"Mustard leaf." Inumaki reached for my wrist but I slapped his hand away. His eyes went a bit wide as soon as I did that. Slowly, he lowered his hand to his side. I have still some time to...

"We were wondering where you disappeared to." I don't. Fushiguro made his way to Inumki's side.

"Will you train with us?" He asked while taking a few steps toward me. He stopped right in front of me.

"No." I gave him a short answer and turned my back on him.

"Why not?" Fushiguro asked but I didn't respond to his question.

"Did something happen?" He walked to my side and looked down at me. He was about to place his hand on my shoulder but I stopped him. I quickly grabbed his wrist, his eyes widened a bit. I looked him in the eyes, we stared at each other before his eyes moved down a bit.

"Those are..." He quietly whispered while looking at my neck. Just then I remembered, I wiped my neck with my towel before, the makeup I had on must've wiped away. Meaning, that the marks Sukuna made, were visible.

Fusiguro then raised his hand up and run his fingers across the bite marks. I hissed from the bit of pain I felt. I blinked once I saw his whole expression change. He looked... Angry?

"I'm going to train alone." I let go of his hand and backed away from him. Then, I began to walk away from both of them in fast peace. Although I could still feel Fushiguro's eyes on my figure.

Why are you still afraid? You do realize you just touched him right?

I heard Pandora say. I continued to walk toward my room. It was true, I touched him and e didn't burst into flames but still...

"You wouldn't be?" I asked her in return. Pandora didn't answer my question, making me sigh. There was no point in taking a shower if I'm going to practice right away. Once I was in my room, I only changed my clothes and took things that needed for my training. I also covered my neck with make-up again.

Two hours have passed since I began my workout. As for today, I want to try to control the fire. And since Pandora was not going to help me, I have to figure it out on my own.

I remembered when Gojo fought against the volcano head. I faced the fire that was burning there, I was really focused on it. And then when I moved my arm to the side, the fire followed and changed its color to blue for a few seconds.

So maybe, If I try to do the same... I might learn how to use it. But it wasn't that easy. After a few tries, I was getting pissed because it didn't work.

You know that you have to stay calm, right?

I heard Pandora say. She only got me more frustrated. I opened my mouth to speak.

No. You're not calm.

She said. It was true, I wasn't calm at all.

"Well, don't you want to help me? Or give me some kind of clue on how to use it?" I asked with pure annoyance.