1. 8:00 AM, Thursday, May 29, 1980

So I kind of disregard Endgame's time travel logic and came up with my own version that I'm not entirely sure how it works either. Also I chose the date for a reason. Expect many 'Easter eggs' in these next few chapters. Anyway. Enjoy! :)

Thor opens his eyes wearily. Something feels different. Something in the air...it doesn't feel right. He sits up. This room isn't the same one he fell asleep in. Bruce isn't here. It also looks slightly older fashioned, too. Tony would never allow a room like this in the Compound. And there's no sign that Bruce was even here. It also doesn't look like the same building that he fell asleep in.

There are so many things triggering red flags in Thor's mind right now.

You're a man out of time, a strange voice hisses in his head.

That's another red flag.

This is the same voice he heard briefly yesterday but ignored. He searches through the drawers of the dresser next to his bed and thankfully finds his Midgardian clothes, quickly gets dressed, and finds a way outside after briefly navigating this foreign house.

What he finds is not what he is expecting.

The city, it looks...different. He turns around from the house he just came out of and it is definitely not the Compound.

There's got to be something or someone to tell me where the heck I am, Thor thinks.

Now that he's had experience waking up in a completely new place, he reacts calmer. More likely to blend in, not make a scene. Nothing like what happened when he landed on Earth in 2011. Of course, the circumstances for that case were entirely different. Come to think of it, what would have been considered a normal circumstance?

He sees a man walk by with a newspaper in his hand. He decides to go for it.

"Excuse me, good sir," Thor approaches him.

The man lowers the newspaper so he's looking at Thor. Thor is so sure he has seen him before.

"Have we met before?" Thor blurts out.

The man raises an eyebrow. "You know, there may be many other dark faces that look like mine, but that doesn't mean a face you saw was mine."

"Of course," Thor amends quickly. "I'm sorry, it's just..."

That voice. He knows it.

He just never saw this man with two eyes and hair before.

"Fury!" Thor exclaims.

Nick Fury raises his eyebrows, his gaze a little less cold than a few seconds ago. "Maybe we have met before. Still have a reason for talking to me?"

"Er, I was wondering if I could look at that quickly?" Thor asks.

Fury looks him up and down, like there's something behind Thor's simple request.

"Sure, but nothing too interesting is in it." He hands the newspaper to Thor.

"Thank you," Thor acknowledges, and scans the page. He couldn't care less about the actual content, he just wants to see the date.

At the top of the page, he finds it.

Thursday, May 29, 1980.

So he is a man out of time.

But just how did he get here?

"Anything interesting?" Fury prompts.

"No," Thor says. "I'm just not from around here. Er, thanks." He hands the paper back to Fury and continues walking down the street.