ITZY X MALE READER (Part 9): Dance practice

You woke up a few hours later to Yeji's soft, snoring complexion right in front of your face. Her warm bare skin flush against yours. You quietly got up and placed some baggy clothes for her to wear on the bedside as you made sure Yeji was well covered, got dressed, and exited the room.

After closing the door with as little noise as possible you headed to your kitchen and started preparing a meal for the both of you. You grabbed some ingredients from the fridge and began cooking, planning on making your best dish, a creamy yet light chicken alfredo. After a bit of time things were coming along smoothly with the food and you were even preparing a few sides when you heard and distant click and shuffling. Yeji appeared in the entrance to the hallway, her hair in a cute fuzzy bun and the spare clothing you'd given her draped over her body.

"Y/N?" she asked for you with her eyes squinted, "Hey Yeji, I'm just making some food for us, cmon it's almost ready!" "Y-You made all this food for me oppa?" "Yeah well it's nothing really, you are my guest."

You turned back to add some spices to the side dish, as you did Yeji blushed uncontrollably, finding it extremely attractive you could not only cook but would make something so delicious just for her. As these feelings arose, Yeji felt entirely conflicted inside. She had promised herself that her time with you would only be to relieve herself of stress with some fun, basically friends with benefits. She realized however, that she was gradually enjoying being with you more and more, and was afraid she'd crush on you, possibly interfering with your relationship with Lia. Despite this thought gnawing at her head she snapped back to reality as you put the finishing touches on the food and handed a plate to her.

"Here you go, hope you enjoy!"

"T-Thank you oppa..."

Yeji sat down in the chair next to you and looked at her plate. The food looked delicious. It was a white sauce pasta with slices of tender grilled chicken throughout the dish, topped with seasonings and garnishes to complete the masterpiece. Yeji nearly drooled over her meal before digging in. Needless to say the flavor was absolutely perfect, blowing Yeji away.

"Oh my god oppa! This is incredible!" Yeji exclaimed.

"Thank you, it's nothing special though really." you said, downplaying your cooking skills.

"No really this is so good!" Yeji said with her mouth still full of food.

"Thank you Yeji I appreciate it."

After you both enjoyed your meal, you drove Yeji back to her dorm and headed back home. She was fun to hangout with which was a funny thought considering what you both have done was far from a normal friendship. Regardless you enjoyed your time with her and went to bed later that night.

———(Three days later)———

You were headed to the JYPE building to see the itzy girls. It's been awhile since you've gotten out of the house seeing as how you're making music all the time, so you decided to visit them and get some fresh air, although you didn't expect said air to be so cold. Temperatures were dropping extremely quickly in korea so you made your way to the company as fast as you could. After entering and shaking yourself warm you walked past security, quickly scanning your staff pass as you did so. You climbed up the main flight of stairs and after a bit of walking and an elevator ride you arrive itzy's practice room. As you entered you realized there was only one person in the room. Chaeryeong was dancing her heart out in the middle of the floor. She was so focused on her craft she didn't notice you enter at all. You knew first hand how easily Chaeryeong can scare so you made sure your presence was known by shaking your keys quite a bit as you shuffled in. You locked eyes with Chaeryeong as she heard you enter, to which she waved quickly before continuing her routine. After the music stopped she came towards you, a bit sweaty and breathing heavily.

"Y/N oppa hi! What're you doing here?" Chaeryeong asked politely.

"Nothing much, just thought I'd get outta the house and visit you guys for once, speaking of where is everyone?" you chuckled.

"Either out or at the dorms, we kinda get to do whatever today." she replied.

"And you chose dance practice?"

"Hehe yes, it helps ease the mind, well for me anyway."

"Ah yeah I get it, I've been making music for the past month and I still brought a portable kit on my free day." you laughed, "Actually while I'm here, want me to make some beats for you to dance to? I should be able to hook my setup on the computer."

"Oh that sounds fun! I'll have to dance on the fly!" Chaeryeong exclaimed happily.

"Alright then lets get started!"

You headed to the back of the room and plugged in your portable dj kit into the company computer. After reworking some settings you started producing beats by mashing different songs together. You mainly produced your own tracks for work however you were secretly very good at creating a dj set on the fly. Considering music has been your entire life you've managed to perfect transitions and build-ups, knowing which song would flow perfectly to the next. You always thought that skill was impressive, but Chaeryeong was infinitely more talented in your eyes. As you began transitioning from song to song she kept up, switching beats, dance moves, and entire expressions without missing a beat. You were mesmerized by her skill, which only pushed you to keep up as her dj. Time flew by as she danced and soon enough you had run out of material and Chaeryeong was exhausted.

"That...-was a lot of....fun...oppa" she said smiling between heavy breaths.

"You killed it Chae wow." you said giving her a solid high five.

She giggled at your complement and sat down to recover. You both relaxed quietly for a bit before Chaeryeong spoke up suddenly.

"Wow oppa, the temperature outside has dropped to -35 degrees!"

"What?! How is that even possible it was just getting chilly this morning!"

"I don't think I can make it back to the dorm in this state oppa, it says the roads are getting really icy....what should I do? Taking the van might be dangerous right?" she asked nervously.

"Yeah you shouldn't go home, it's too far and too dangerous by car. Come with me, my apartment isn't far from here at all and you won't have to take a van." you offered.

"Really oppa? Is that okay?."

"Of course! You stayed before, plus it's for your safety I'm sure the girls will understand."

"Okay then...thank you oppa."

"No problem Chae, now lets get going before it gets even worse." you said standing up and gathering your things.

You and Chaeryeong made your way out of the company and into the freezing cold. Chaeryeong almost immediately began to shiver as her outfit from this morning wasn't exactly the best for wind chills. You quickly took off your coat and draped it over her.

"Here this is better." you said as your breath formed in front of you.

"T-Thank you oppa." Chaeryeong said shaking.

You and Chaeryeong got to your apartment as fast as you could and immediately turned on the heater. Chaeryeong took off your coat and was about to give it to you when you stopped her and told her just to keep in her bag. You grabbed warm blankets from a closet and handed them to Chaeryeong as she sat down on the couch trying to heat up as best she could. She smiled at you and took them graciously. You both decided to turn on a movie to pass the time, not yet knowing what the night would bring.

To be continued~