"Aye, Rashir, can you do me a favor?" Mateo asked him as he kept his eyes on the road.

"What?"

"Can you get my phone from the cup holder, text Aaliyah and tell her we'll be there soon." He pointed his chin at his phone that was sitting in the cupholder between them.

"Aaliyahhh?" Nico dragged her name out like the Soulja Boy meme, "See, what I tell you?" He smirked at Rashir, "Told yo' ass they was a thing. You owe me 5 bucks," He held his hands out, indicating he wanted his money. Rashir grumbled under his breath and dug into his wallet, pulling out a 5 dollar bill and slapped it into his hands.

"Hold up, you bet on us?" Mateo asked them incredulously.

"Duh, I'm 5 bucks richer," Nico smelled the money, rubbing it in, and stuffed it into his pocket.

"When you ask her out?" Rashir asked Mateo who took his right hand off of the steering wheel to scratch the back of his neck.

"I didn't, we just chilling right now,"

"Tsk, Tsk," Nico shook his head at him in mock disappointment, "Females don't like it when you say shit like that, you better cuff her,"

"Aaliyah said doesn't care about that stuff," Mateo waved him off.

"Yeah well she lying-" Nico was cut off by his phone ringing, "Shit," he swore as he answered, "Nala we coming...I'm not always late what you mean?...Baby come on...I know you been waiting for a long time...Don't hang up-" He sighed when she hung up on him.

Mateo and Rashir laughed from the front seats as Nico grumbled at them to shut up.

"Where the fuck are they? We've been waiting for like 30 minutes," Nala complained

The girls were sitting in Nala's jeep in the Field of Screams parking lot, waiting on the boys to show up. They were supposed to meet at 7:45 but it was now 8:03 and they still hadn't arrived. Nala had already cussed them out in the group chat and called Nico to see what the problem was.

"Would you relax? You've been complaining nonstop for like 10 minutes now," Lourdes gave her an annoyed look from the passenger's seat, "They said they're stuck in traffic,"

"Mateo just texted me, he said they'll be here in 5 minutes," Aaliyah told them from the backseat. Lourdes and Nala both turned to look at her with surprise while Aaliyah avoided eye contact with them, suddenly finding the floor to be very interesting.

"Why is Mateo texting you privately?" Lourdes raised her eyebrows at her with suspicion. Lourdes and Nala were sure that Aaliyah and Mateo were dating, but they were just waiting on the couple to announce it themselves. They had caught her smiling at her phone many times throughout the day since the two were introduced at TopGolf a couple of weeks ago and Nala had told Lourdes that Aaliyah was on the phone with someone when she came into their room at night.