"You would've killed me for some money to get food?"

            "I'll kill any mothafucka that gets in the way of my survival. And now, I got people to survive for. When the time comes, I'm out."

            "A'ight, I hear you."

            After taking his duffle bag back and placing his share of the money inside of it, Roderick exited the apartment. The moment he entered the stairwell and saw Don Don, he dropped his duffle bag and prepared to reach for his pistol. He was prepared for anything in that moment.

            "What you up to, Black?" Don Don asked while smoking a cigarette.

            "I ain't up to shit," Roderick replied.

            "Nah, you up to somethin'."

            "Why do you think so? Is there a reason why you're talkin' to me right now?"

            "Listen, nigga, I don't know who you been talkin' to but you need to ignore niggas in the streets that tell you shit you wanna hear."

            "You talkin' about Fat Moe or you talkin' about whoever snitched on me? It seems like you're the one up to some shit, bruh."

            Don Don became angry and began, "Nigga, I will—"

            "You might wanna stop and ask yourself if I really came into the hood without my piece. Don't think just because I'm in this costume that I can't get to that shit and pop you in the chest before you can even reach for yours."

            "Man, I taught you how to use one. I taught you everything."

            "Yeah, and then you turned your back on me."

            "Because you got on that faggot shit, ol' batty bwoy! Had I known you was into that shit, I woulda taught you nothin'."

            "I'd rather be a faggot than a fuckin' snitch! You fuckin' rat!" He brandished his pistol and cocked it before aiming it at Don Don's chest, saying, "I swear to God I'm ready to smoke yo ass, nigga!"

            At Tayvon and Zayvon's Halloween party, Nate pulled up to the house with Jacory and turned his Mustang off. He was dressed as Julius Caesar and Jacory was dressed as a male Roman lover of Caesar. The pair climbed out of the car but before going inside, they began to kiss.

            "We can skip the party," suggested Nate. "My mom is out of town and my dad is probably passed out by now."

            Jacory smirked and said, "You know I promised Demetrius I'd be here. Montrell already bailed for whatever reason. I can't let Demetrius be here by himself."

            "He's dating Zay though. He can handle being here by himself, boo."

            "Still, we spent money on these costumes and I actually do want to party."

            "Alright, boo. Whatever you want. Let's go inside."

            As they entered the house, Reece turned the corner and headed towards the house. He was dressed as a gay prostitute who had been bitten and turned into a vampire. When he made it to Tayvon and Zayvon's yard but didn't see Roderick outside waiting for him, he became worried and pulled out his phone to call Roderick.

            "You better put that shit down before you make me mad," said Don Don while dropping his cigarette onto the concrete steps and putting it out with his shoe.