Chapter 27 - A Partner in Crime

Start from the beginning

"Actually," Hotshot jokingly pushes her hand. "Knives are a tool for cutting and blades are the sharp part of the knives." He informs her.

Cards chuckles a bit.

She noticed Ace stayed silent.

"Ace," She whispers. "I'm okay. You don't need to be worried. Stage and I will get over this." She squeezes his hand lightly. "Just joke with us."

Ace nods a bit. "Yeah," he laughs weakly. "I'm just worried. Sorry."

Spot slings his arm around Ace's shoulder. "Brooklyn Rule 33-"

"Don't apologize for being worried!" Race, Smokes, Ike, and Boots shout in unison.

"Guys!" Specs quiets them.

They smile cheekily at him.

Spot chuckles. "See. They know it and three of them are Brooklyn boyfriends, not actual Brooklynites."

Ace chuckles a bit. "I'm still learning them." He states.

Spot nods. "If you get through your whole Brooklyn Newsie life, and even just actual life, and learn all of them, I'll be thoroughly impressed." He comments.

Ace chuckles. "I'm going to try to learn them all. Anything for my leader to be thoroughly impressed." He jokes.

"There he is." Cards smiles weakly.

Red slings his arm around Ace's other shoulder, and Hotshot slings his arm around Charlie's shoulder, holding Cards' hand that Ace had let go of.

"Why is everyone holding my hand like I'm a child-" Cards starts.

"Offended." Stage chokes out.

Cards' head shot up. "Is she crying?" She questions, getting concerned quickly.

Stage clung to Jack.

"She's still a bit scared." Cloth informs Cards. "We're trying to calm her down and get her to sleep so that we don't have to treat her injuries with her awake."

DD walked with Stage, Jack, Specs, and Cloth.

Cards hadn't seen him before and she wasn't used to him being this quiet.

Stage had gotten pretty close to DD, which is why he was probably a little worried.

Stage and DD's relationship was a little more him being protective of her, giving her advice, while still being a cool, older brother like figure.

Cards and DD's relationship was more 'let's go do some fun stuff (like pranks) that may or may not get us in trouble with Spot'.

Spot sometimes joined their pranks.

Cards knew she couldn't do anything for Stage and that Cloth, Jack, DD, and Specs were handling it, but it didn't make her any less restless and worried.

"How are you doing?" Charlie whispers to his sister.

Hotshot looks at her.