The office door opens again and my grandmother comes through with a stack of paperwork in her hands. She smiles once she sees us as she looks up from her paperwork, approaching the desk.

"Hi girls, big plans for the beautiful summer day?" she questions eyeing me.

"No, not really—"

"Lovely for you to ask, Rose!" Juliet cuts me off.  "I was just asking V, if she wanted to come to my friend's concert tonight." She looks at me.

"Oh, how fun! I didn't know you were friends with people in a band?" Grams is flipping through paperwork keeping the conversation.

"My boyfriend and his friends actually, they're amazing. They're playing tonight at the bowling alley." Juliet states.

My mind drifts to memories of Juliet's much older boyfriend from England, and I have to keep myself from rolling my eyes at the thought of him.

Ever since he cheated on Juliet, I haven't trusted the bastard. Not to mention they have a totally dramatic relationship where they break up like every week.

I've only met him a few times, and I knew he was in a band along with some of his other friends he knew from back home. They were an underground rock band whose music I've never bothered listening to.

But according to Juliet, they were gonna be very successful one day because they were just that good.

"That sounds like fun, don't you think so Vada?" My grandma offers.

I sigh. "Well, don't you need help here—"

"Not at all, I've got it covered. You girls go have fun." she smiles landing a kiss on the side of my head.

"I'm gonna go finish this paperwork in my office." she waves walking away to the private office down the hall.

"Look Juliet—"

Juliet turns to me again. "I'm not taking no for an answer, it's summer we should be having fun." she says.

"This is the last summer of us being teenagers so I say we make the most out of it, together."

My high school experience ended two weeks ago and it had been calmer than most average teenagers. But that's how I liked it, I didn't party. I only had Juliet as my best friend, and I only occasionally drank at sleepovers with just the two of us.

I wasn't a social butterfly like her, and I didn't mind being alone. But maybe she was right, I didn't have all the time in the world to be young except for right now, so I needed to make the most out of it.

"Alright, fine." I agree.

Juliet and I get ready in my room and when the sun is hanging low in the sky, we take off down the road in her car to the local bowling alley that's always packed on Friday nights.

As we walk into the small building Juliet takes my hand leading me through the crowds of familiar people and I start to regret leaving the house.

She leads me towards the bar where we order drinks. Once I take a shot I start to feel more comfortable and confident in the short plaid skirt and platform Doc Martens I was forced to wear.